Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

How often do you pee? (poss tmi? )

22 January, 2013 at 14:45 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 17

As above.

OH thinks I pee a awful lot, I go maybe once or twice a hour in the day, and just before bed I have to go four or five times. (can you see why I convince myself every day I MUST be preggers) and its always a full bladder/full stream.

I have been tested for diabetes every 6 months. I dont drink that much i have a few cups of tea/coffee a day but thats it. I dont drink much booze. And I have always been like this but it's never bothered me as it's normal to me.

Whenever I mention it to any one I get either - OMG you're pregnant or ermm your deffo diabetic. Is there anything else it could be/ should be concerned about?

17 replies

Latest activity by Cilla, 22 January, 2013 at 18:42
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

You eat an extraordinary amount of water-containing fruit.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

How on Earth do you wait for the bus for three hours?!

I pee when I need to pee. Probably 5/6 times in 24 hours. Unless I'm on the booze.

• Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content

I probably pee once every couple of hours although I don't really check the time everytime i go!

OH goes to the toilet all the time, probably once every hour during the day & a couple of times during the night and he has been checked for those types of things and doesn't have any of them and has been told that he just has a weak/small bladder! His Dad has the same problem!

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content

If you need to go 4 or 5 times before bed I'd say it's more psychological than physical. Or rather, the psychological feeling of needing to empty your bladder so frequently has meant the capacity of your bladder is greatly reduced. Try bladder training, holding onto it 20 more minutes at a time

• Alice_In_Wonderland
    Beginner March 2013
    Alice_In_Wonderland ·
    • Hide content

How weird - I was only thinking this just now!! ? I went for a wee for the first time since getting into work at 8am, and realised it had been about 7 hours! ?

The main reason I noticed though, is that since I've been taking better care of my health I am peeing a lot less.
    Previously it wasn't unusual for me to pee every hour, but I'd have been drinking a lot then as well as my sugars were high.

I *have* to pee before directly bed though, every night (even if I only went 10 minutes ago) & this is definitely a psychological thing as my mum always made sure I had pee'd before bed when I was a kid. OH has picked up the habit in the last couple of years as well!!! ?

I'd agree on the copious amounts of fruit & veg making you go a lot. Your skin must be glowing though!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This. I wee twice before bed - before, and after, I clean my teeth for any of you wishing to know my nighttime rituals - the second wee is definitely psychological.

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I'm drinking more water at the minute as I'm getting a few headaches, so I'm weeing way more than normal. Probably 8-10 times a day. I go before I get into bed, before I turn the light out, and normally once in the night. It's annoying!

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is my problem! I guess I go a few times during the day but before I got to bed or going into the cinema Im a ngihtmare. I'll go then just before the film starts or im drifting off I'll go again.

It is the thought that I wont be able to go for a couple of hours! It drives H mad!!

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm similar. If I pop for a wee and then decide I'm tired, I'll run downstairs to say goodnight then get into my PJs and I HAVE to have another wee. If I don't I'll be lying in bed keeping myself awake trying to feel if I need one

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I worry about my bladder, I had problems as a child and docs tried to stretch it (yes I did just type that) but it failed. So I wee loads. At least 10 times during a workig day, which is tricky being that I can't just leave my classroom whenever I need to, and then countless times in the evening and throughout the night. More so if I drink tea or alcohol.

OH goes 3 times a day tops, I think this is really unhealthy.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was told by my doctor this is a very risky thing to do, particularly if you have ever had UTIs such as cyctitis. My work mate was actually hospitalised after trying this.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

I go quite often, about once an hour. I drink loads of water so its only natural.

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's a prescribed technique but isn't meant to push the body to extremes by holding on too long. It could take several months of gradually increasing the time between urination until you're able to hold on until the next pee break and eventually going 6-8 times per day

https://www.kch.nhs.uk/Doc/PL%20-%20518.1%20-%20Bladder%20retraining%20-%20Information%20for%20patients.pdf

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics