Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Suzie88
Beginner August 2014

How on earth do you wear hold-ups?

Suzie88, 18 of March of 2014 at 19:11 Posted on Planning 0 10

OK, this is probably a personal thing, I tried on my wedding shoes, and I know I'm going to have to wear something on my feet - stockings/tights/etc. - something!

I love the look for suspenders and the suspender belt (h2b does too) but (and my big but is part of it!) the bit of leg that the suspenders doesn't cover (you know, at the top... the fattest part of the leg?) rubs together! I get really bad, well, chaffing, on the inside of my thighs. I'm not even that big - I'm a size 12, but I had this problem even when I was younger and was a size 8! It is so bad that it actually 'cuts' and scars my legs. Hold ups (the ones with the rubber bit round the top) tend to squish in my legs and make me look like I've got two different sized legs, but chaffing still happens. And tights, well, they aren't exactly what you would call sexy!!!

So, to get round to the question: does anyone else have this issue, or am I just wearing them wrong?!?

Thanks!

S x

10 replies

Latest activity by Suzie88, 21 of March of 2014 at 22:03
  • InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, I get it too. When I'm not wearing tights I wear cycling shorts under dresses, which is nor exactly a wedding solution! But yeah, I feel your pain Smiley smile

• TheCakeNinja
    TheCakeNinja ·
    • Hide content

Hi, how tall are you? You may need to buy a bigger size. I am 5"1 and 10/12 but have to buy med/lrg as I have short legs :/ I don't think you're wearing them wrong at all, I've always thought they come up small and have tried a few different brands now Smiley smile

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

I also have this problem - try spraying the tops of your thighs with deoderant - the problem is usually caused by heat and I find this helps keep the skin dry and prevent the chafing x

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

I get this too and would recommend spraying deodorant as Bekki says and also some talcum handy for when they start chaffing, makes it feel a lot better and soothes it!

No idea about the suspenders though I want to wear something on my feet but don't want tights and i'm scared to wear stockings as i'm never completely comfy in them and scared of them coming loose or something when up dancing haha.

• I
    Beginner August 2014
    Iona1651 ·
    • Hide content

I have this trouble too - mainly in the summer when it's very hot.

I rub some savlon onto the inside of my thighs as it soaks in and creates a barrier for the thighs to rub against - this seems to work and may be a solution just for the day. Put plenty on in advance so it soaks/rubs in. Maybe re-apply once throughout the day. I've not tried deodorant - but will do now it's been suggested.

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

How about a garter belt with stockings would that help?

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

You can get some special slippery cream gel stuff for leg rubbing I think. Not overly ladylike I know but it's in the back of my mind that I need to think about this as I don't want to feel uncomfortable.

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Sash87 ·
    • Hide content

I have this problem too, I've used lanacane anti chaffing gel in the past which seems to be just the ticket for me but its about £6 I never thought of using deodorant I guess it has the same affect but its cheaper?

• MrsOh
    Beginner May 2014
    MrsOh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This made me giggle...Sorry! Smiley smile I also have this issue but I rarely wear dresses without tights... But will be wearing stockings on the day. Something I will have to look into I guess (will add it to my huge list of things to do/buy)

x

• Suzie88
    Beginner August 2014
    Suzie88 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys!! I think I'll have a practise session or two to find out what works best for me!

But it sounds like it is basically going to be a very unladylike deodorant spray/creaming up the legs throughout the day!

I'll add it to the MOH list of things to help me with during the day ?

S x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics