Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner April 2011

How should I store my Bridesmaid dresses???

Steph/Andy, 22 February, 2010 at 10:31 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi Girls,

I've recently purchased my bridesmaid dresses as they were a bargain and exactly what im looking for 5 yellow dresses, my only problem now is my wedding is not until April 2011. Can any of you suggest a way of keeping them clean, safe etc for a year??

1 replies

Latest activity by jj74, 22 February, 2010 at 17:39
  • GEMINIBEBE
    Beginner August 2010
    GEMINIBEBE ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, personally I would store them in a box with some special tissue (acid free or something?) and put them under my bed or at the top of my wardrobe. Nearer the time I would get them steamed to iron out the creases. Hope this helps! ?

• J
    jj74 ·
    • Hide content

The best way to store BM dresses or your own dress is to take off any plastic wrappings and hang them inside a (clean) pale duvet cover (just do the poppers up around the hanger hooks). Fold the corners of the duvet in if necessary to stop light getting in.

The cover allows the dresses to breathe while stopping light/insects/people with dirty hands getting to them and they stay crease free. If you have a spare room, you can just hang them on the back of the door until the wedding. Put in a cedar wood block to stop moths.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics