Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner January 2008

How soon before wedding should groom hire his outfit?

afs8, 18 July, 2009 at 18:09 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi girls

My delightful fiance seems to think that it is perfectly acceptable to go and sort out his suit a few months before the big day (which in our case is July 2010). I'm sure this can't be a good idea but don't really have any way of convincing him to go sooner!

Could anyone confirm for me what kind of time scale he should look at for hiring his suit? I was trying to find a website that did a 'grooms timescale' but can only find bride ones. He makes me laugh - he wants to get maried but only if it involves absolutely no effort on his part - LOL! I have already got my dress and bridesmaids dresses sorted.

Andrea xxxx

5 replies

Latest activity by Mrs S*, 18 July, 2009 at 20:21
  • Mrs G x
    Beginner September 2009
    Mrs G x ·
    • Hide content

Hello, we are hiring ours from youngs hire and we paid the deposits on them last month, all the men have to be measured by 5th sept we pick them up on 16th sept and we get married on 26th sept. a few month before should be ok for your fiance to get them.

• cotteesgirl
    Beginner September 2009
    cotteesgirl ·
    • Hide content

Hey there...we only got ours sorted about a month ago, absolutley no problem at all with it and they wont take a fitting until 3 weeks before the wedding. I think as long as you dont leave it stupidly late i.e a week before the wedding then you should be alright doing it a few months before hand.

• A
    Beginner January 2008
    afs8 ·
    • Hide content

Oh no, do you mean I have to admit that he is RIGHT about something...?! Only joking! Thanks for putting my mind at rest.

xxx

• K
    Beginner July 2010
    kerryanneellis ·
    • Hide content

Hiya for a mens timeline guide moss bros have a good one in their wedding catalogue availible on their website!!

Kx

• BespokeTailor
    BespokeTailor ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

As others have correctly said a few months in advance (3-6) should be perfectly fine for most hire shops (Moss Bros, Youngs, Debenhams etc). So your OH is right. ?

But it does depend on what your OH actually wants. I have paid for bookings on some of my most popular hire ranges all the way upto September 2010. And over the last 2 years I have been fully booked for August and September by May. So it also depends on the shop. Which means you are right also. ?

I would suggest to your OH that he does his research now (online or visiting shops) to find out what he wants and how long in advance he needs to book it.

If your OH needs any advice he is welcome to email me.

Thanks

Marc

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

My OH has bought his suit and the grooms mens already and we're not getting married until sept 2010! He's very organised! I've threatened them all with death if they put on weight! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics