Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner July 2023 North Yorkshire

How soon for wedding invites?

Jade, 12 of May of 2022 at 09:30 Posted on Planning 0 12
Hi all

We’re booked for July 2023, I was considering save the dates but almost all friends know and will just be some family to tell. I wanted to do save the dates but our venue is around an hour away and I’m conscious people will need to get hotels booked (venue is booked for close family to stay). With this in mind should we send invites earlier than normal? I was planning on January 23 but don’t want to leave it too late for hotels.
Thank you 😊

12 replies

Latest activity by Bethan, 17 of May of 2022 at 08:13
  • G
    Beginner July 2024 Essex
    Gigi ·
    • Hide content
    I would personally send them out now, it seems these days people book so far in advance for holidays etc or weddings.
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

We're doing a July 2023 wedding in a location people will need to book accommodation for - we've been drip feeding save the dates since January this year and aiming on deciding on the final few spots and having all the save the dates a year in advance! Wedding website explains that people should start booking accommodation in this area as soon as they feel able as it's a popular holiday destination (some people have booked theirs already). We're thinking January 2023 for formal invites with menu choices etc, with maybe a March/April deadline in case of any unexpected declines that will still give B list spots time to book somewhere.

• Rachel
    Dedicated June 2023 Greater Manchester
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    We’re June 2023 too we’ve gave out our save the dates in January/February now just waiting for the invites to be printed to give out a year before the wedding as lots guests need to book time off work/ book flights and the rooms at the venue 😆
  • Bethan
    Savvy July 2023 Staffordshire
    Bethan ·
    • Hide content
    I'm getting married July 2023 & had this conversation today! I'd like to do 'save the dates' but the cost will soon add up with those added on - but we're thinking of not bothering with them & sending out the main invites end of Jan 2023
  • L
    Dedicated September 2023 Derbyshire
    Lizzie ·
    • Hide content

I'm September '23 and wondering when to send them. I'm thinking soon-ish, but I don't want to send them so early everyone forgets. Then again, I don't want to leave it too late... It's a minefield!!

• Lily
    Beginner June 2024 Berkshire
    Lily ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married June 2024 and am so impatient haha I am already thinking to send out our save the dates as we have 230 guests! & family are already asking us for details. I will probably send out invites July 2023 giving our guests a year to book accommodation x

• J
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I feel the same! I’m now thinking skip save the dates and invites to go out January…we’ve told all nearest and dearest so they are aware of the date 👍🏽
  • J
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What date Bethany? Exciting 😊 how are you getting on with planning? Im thinking same
    As you I’ll send around Jan 23
  • J
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow 230 guests! I feel stressed already and only have 70 🤣…It will soon come round though! I’m in a panic thinking we maybe should have went early 24 to have more planning time we’ve just booked so giving ourselves just over a year
  • L
    Dedicated September 2023 Derbyshire
    Lizzie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I keep wondering about that, but we haven't publicised it much yet. Maybe we need to just do that instead...
    Aargh, too much brain required! 😂
  • Lex
    Dedicated July 2023 West Yorkshire
    Lex ·
    • Hide content
    We are also booked for July 2023. Our save the dates went out in March/April and formal invites will probably be sent out by Christmas. Nearly all of our guests are out of town as we live in a city between
  • Bethan
    Savvy July 2023 Staffordshire
    Bethan ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    2nd July 2023 - the next drama we have is choosing the wedding invitations!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics