Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Y
Beginner July 2024 Victoria

How soon is too soon?

Yetty, 18 of September of 2023 at 23:55 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 2
Hi everyone, need some advice!
I was engaged in Nov 2021 with my partner of 6 years. Our wedding is on 20 July 2024. For background, our engagement had been quite long and we have had to postpone our wedding due to my health issues (I am now healthy but had a hard battle with cancer).

My FSIL just got engaged a few weeks ago with her partner of one year. She has tentatively scheduled her wedding date 6 weeks before mine. She is also my bridesmaid and I will be having my festivities in the month she is getting married. She knows all this information.
I personally think this is too close to my wedding and it will put me under unneccesary stress. There is no reason for her to not get married after us. I don't mind if she gets married earlier in the year before us. The fact that she is getting married before me is not the issue I have, I am anxious that I will be stressed and run down for my own wedding. I feel like this is selfish behaviour on her behalf.
WOULD LOVE YOUR ADVICE....FROM A STRESSED BRIDE!

2 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 19 of September of 2023 at 10:41
  • Y
    Beginner July 2024 Victoria
    Yetty ·
    • Hide content
    Forgot to mention that I booked my wedding date 5 months ago
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I think 6 weeks notice is plenty of time. There may be reasons she couldn't get married earlier/doesn't want to get married later that you don't know about. Even if she goes on a 2-week honeymoon, she'll still be back a month before your own wedding, so plenty of time to help with last-minute arrangements. And bridesmaids shouldn't really have to do much other than support you on the day anyway. So there is really no need for it to cause you stress.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics