Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Arquard
Beginner May 2011

How to approach guest list 'reserves'?

Arquard, 4 April, 2011 at 11:33 Posted on Planning 0 3

We had a list of about 20 people we wanted to invite to the wedding if we had enough declines from the main list; now that we've had a fair few no's back, I'd like to start inviting a few more - but how exactly do you go about this? I don't want to come across as saying "you weren't good enough for an initial invite, but now we've got some room, you can come along"! I can't just send out another round of invitations because all the inserts we had printed and everything on the website has the RSVP date of March 31st!

How have you gone about it?

3 replies

Latest activity by Arquard, 4 April, 2011 at 11:53
  • Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Can you not re-print the inserts and remove that part of the website (or would that be a mamoth task?)

I personally wouldn't want them to know they were "reserves" but not sure how others would feel.

• Mrs P 2 B
    Beginner January 2012
    Mrs P 2 B ·
    • Hide content

Good old fashioned telephone call!! They will be pleased to be attending the full day and just explain that money or venue is tight and after some consideration you would love them to join you for the day.

we were once bumped up the day before and were really plaesed they wanted us to be there and didn't feel like second best.. infact we were dead chuffed!!

• MrsShark
    Beginner September 2011
    MrsShark ·
    • Hide content

We had this conversation last night as in the process of doing our invite design…what we decided in the end is to slightly extend the RSVP date (still giving us 8 weeks before the actual date) and once we get declines just pop another invite in the post to those pn the ‘reserve’ list. Originally I was toying with the idea of doing two different invites with different RSVP dates as we had quite a big reserve list but now OH has uninvited his family as they are horrid, we only have about 6 on it!

If I were you I would alter the insert if possible but if not then just call or email them….we got an email last year to invite us to a friends wedding that we weren’t originally invited to, we were obviously on their ‘reserve list’ but didn’t care at all and we so touched they thought to include us, we had a fantastic weekend with them in a country house all to ourselves!!

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Unfortunately we can't alter the invitations because the friend who printed the inserts for us has changed jobs so can't access the printer anymore, and we didn't manage to find anywhere else that could do it. My home printer is hopeless so we gave up on that!

Phone call might be the way forward!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics