Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner June 2012

How to ask people for vouchers

boo_2018, 8 January, 2012 at 11:33 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi everyone,

We are not creating a gift list as we already have a home, and have all the furnishings we need. However we will be moving once we are married so would like to ask people for Next home vouchers so we can possibly change the colour theme of a couple of rooms. My question is how do we make this known to people or ask for them? Some people have asked us which has been great... do you think it would be appropriate to put something in the invitation?

Thanks

4 replies

Latest activity by Lindsey80, 8 January, 2012 at 22:41
  • T
    Beginner August 2013
    ToniBen10 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Just tell people closest to you, and say to spread the word, it always sounds better when your not asking for it yourself lol. Most people will ask, or ask someone who's invited to the wedding also, so hopefully the word spreads enough Smiley smile xx

• B
    Beginner June 2012
    boo_2018 ·
    • Hide content

Hopefully that will work, because i really hate the thought of asking people. I am not really bothered about presents but of course people will buy with it being a wedding, so i would rather just have something that will be of use to us.

Thanks for your help. x

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    maxinegallie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It may not be to people's liking, but getting asked so many times what we wanted, we opted to have the following line put in our invites:

While your presence at our wedding is gift enough for us, for those wishing to bring a gift, vouchers from ****** will be gratefully received to help us *********.

We think this is simple enough that it does not imply some amount wanted, as we have our home, but are saving towards something specific, so anyone wnating to help can, those wishing to not give a gift do not have pressure of ticking something off our gift list.

• L
    Beginner July 2012
    Lindsey80 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with maxinedallie, we have put the same sort of thing in our invites. It's better to state something otherwise people may buy you unwanted gifts.x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics