Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Victoria
Savvy September 2025 Hertfordshire

How to ask the girlfriends to get ready with me in the bridal suite?

Victoria, 26 of July of 2024 at 06:50 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 3
Hi! I’m getting married next year. I have decided that I won’t have bridesmaids, but I still want to have some close friends accompany me in the Bridal Suite while I get ready. I will have a makeup artist to do me and my sister, but I can’t afford to include anyone else in the service. How can I ask my friends to come that morning and be with me but letting them know they have to do their own hair and makeup? I did buy 5 pink “Bridesmaids” robes for pictures and to gift them to the girls, but that’s it.
Also, I have casually mentioned to all the women in my family and to all my girl friends that I would love to see them wearing any shade of pink hue or even lilac, from light pink to burgundy as I want to have a ladies picture with all of them. I don’t think I’ll ask for that formally in the invitation or the website, just verbally as I don’t want to stress anyone, most of my people know I love pink and that I would really appreciate their efforts. Is it rude to ask for it?

3 replies

Latest activity by Kurki, 2 of September of 2024 at 15:58
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Inviting friends to get ready with you on your wedding morning is fine. "I'm not having any bridesmaids, but if you'd like to get ready with me, I'd love to have your company. You'll need to sort your own hair and makeup though." Sorted.

What is more problematic is attempting to use your friends as 'semi-bridesmaids' - i.e. asking them to wear 'bridesmaids' robes and specific colour dresses even though they are not bridesmaids. There is a risk that they might feel you are trying to have all the benefits of having bridesmaids without giving your 'not bridesmaids' the honour of having the real role in your wedding. You know your own friends best, but I would think carefully about how you phrase all this if you decide to go down this route. Especially if any of them don't share your love for pink and who might not want to spend a lot of money on a dress they don't like and won't wear again when they are not even doing it as a 'bridesmaid'!

As for the photo, I'm sure you will all look great even if your friends are not all in toning outfits - I think having people wear their own choice actually makes for a better photo - whenever I see pictures of a wedding where the guests are all in toning outfits, it always feels a bit staged and unreal.

• Victoria
    Savvy September 2025 Hertfordshire
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi! Thank you so much for your reply and for giving me a different perspective! I really appreciate it as I haven’t thought about it. This gives me “food for thought”. Thanks!!!
  • Kurki
    Beginner August 2024 Ontario
    Kurki ·
    • Hide content
    Sdujihflsjhfskjdfhlskjhdflskjfdhlj

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics