Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jumbly Girl
Beginner May 2010

How to avoid creases....

Jumbly Girl, 4 November, 2009 at 21:34 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi ladies,

After spending Thursday evening in a silk party dress, it suddenly dawned on me that the awful creases appearing in my party dress after sitting down for a meal for a few hours will probably be similar to the creases I'm going to get in my wedding dress (also silk in the skirt). Short of eating my dinner standing up (which given that I'm really teeny might go unnoticed by most!), has anyone got any suggestions about how I can avoid these unsightly creases across the course of our wedding day? Or do I just have to lump it?

Sorry. It's a bit weird I know. I'm getting fixated by silly little details....

7 replies

Latest activity by teeheeyoucrazyguys!, 9 November, 2009 at 22:06
  • teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Sorry love, you will get creases as soon as you sit in the car, let alone the meal and you now something?

THATS WHAT SILK DOES! Smiley smile)))) so honestly, dont worry about it, it will add to the charm of your dress. Creases cannot be avoided. Your dress will have more than a few creases by the end of the evening, believe me!

• Jumbly Girl
    Beginner May 2010
    Jumbly Girl ·
    • Hide content

D*mn! I forgot about the car. Maybe I can get this as my wedding car: http://www.stand-n-ride-scooter.com/images/ev-rider-stand-n-ride-scooter-6.jpg or maybe this http://static.stuff.co.nz/1233108507/499/659499.jpg

?

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

I'd be more worried about the mud, drink and dinner that you're gonna get down it! ?

• Jumbly Girl
    Beginner May 2010
    Jumbly Girl ·
    • Hide content

Argh! I know. I love red wine, but can't bear the thought of any kind of spillage (and I'm a clumsy gal especially when nervous), so H2B suggested I drink from baby cup on the day. Not sure if he was joking or not.... ?

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Stick to clear drinks all day. All i drank was a champers and a 7-up for the whole day.....didnt have time to drink anything!

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a beach BBQ and i've accepted that i will be covered in food! How am i supposed to eat BBQ food and not get messy!?

• Jumbly Girl
    Beginner May 2010
    Jumbly Girl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah yes... Note to self "must not wipe mucky hands on beautiful dress"!

Thanks all. Teeheeyoucrazyguys - I will definitely heed your advice and drink only champers! Thank you, ladies.

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Mrs Spink - buy yourself a pinny!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics