Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

EdenNI
Beginner December 2014

How to avoid the last minute panic?

EdenNI, 22 of April of 2014 at 19:10 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi all,

I'm in a bit of a wedding planning lull with all the big things organised and others that I can't do just yet e.g. bridesmaid dress shopping is scheduled for 2nd May. I know some things e.g. table plan can't be sorted until a lot closer to the time but is there anything you wish you had sorted earlier to avoid rushing around in the final few weeks? I'm thinking things like gifts for the bridal party etc. Any suggestions from old marrieds or those currently in last minute panic stations welcome! xx

2 replies

Latest activity by mooshy, 23 of April of 2014 at 16:56
  • *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

We've under 2 months to go and still got quite a bit to do, haven't got rings in yet either and still got gifts to buy as well.

I'd say anything you can do just now like gift buying, décor buying whatever doesn't need to wait try and do it now...give you less to do at the time.

We've been buying things as we go along like decorations and some little personalised gifts, favours etc and found it a big help that we haven't ordered it all at once.

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    BigRedCandle ·
    • Hide content

I'm no help I'm afraid but I just wanted to follow this thread for tips! I have 5 months to go and we have bought almost all our thank you gifts already to prevent panic buying, or being forced to give everyone sock bunnies.

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

Try to avoid having a list like this and you'll be fine!

Things I wish I hadn't left until this week... lots! Some of them could only be done this week though; finalising the table plan, place cards, letting the venue know the final numbers/menus (we had last minute drop outs), bagging up the decorations/table settings ready to go to the venue on Thursday and last minute plans with suppliers/logistics.

Other stuff we could have done in advance and are now rushing around to sort out; sorting out music for the wedding breakfast/making CDs, buying honeymoon clothes, luggage, washing and ironing (and now our washing machine is bloody broken!), OH buying wedding shoes(!), both need to break our shoes in, OH still needs to buy presents for the blokes, sorting out foreign currency.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics