Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SillyWrong
Beginner October 2014

How to buy lots of lottery tickets!?

SillyWrong, 11 of June of 2014 at 10:14 Posted on Planning 0 3

We're giving lottery tickets as favours (first three numbers of each ticket will be our wedding date; 5, 10, 14 - and we're going to make nice envelopes for them to go in with little notes of thanks etc.)

How do I buy 40 lotto tickets!? Do I just walk in to a shop and fill in 40 separate slips!? Surely there must be a more sensible way? Doing it online you just get e-tickets, if you put more than one line per slip they all come out on the same ticket. Argh! I really don't want to take 40 slips in to a shop!

3 replies

Latest activity by Dilkara, 11 of June of 2014 at 21:41
  • ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

If you were just getting lucky dips then a shop would just print you off 40 different ones quickly, but since you are specifiying some of the numbers, I don't see how you are going to get round filling in the slips.

I'd personally go into my local corner shop (instead of a supermarket) and tell them you are wanting to buy those tickets and pick up the slips. Ask them when would suit them for you to pop pack with them to process through the machine. Shouldn't take too long and I'm sure they will happily relieve you of £80!

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Good point ATB, it was more the embarrassment of going in with 40 slips - our local shop are friendly, i'll go and have a chat in advance with them!

• Jennibee
    Beginner August 2014
    Jennibee ·
    • Hide content

If they give you trouble you could always go for scratch cards instead. Smiley smile

• Dilkara
    Beginner April 2015
    Dilkara ·
    • Hide content

When I worked in the postnoffice the lotto machine would let you do a lucky dip where you can specify some numbers so you wouldn't need slips, the assistant can do it straight in the machine. It was quite common to do lots for a wedding, just go in when it's quiet. I even used to help people stick the Stamps on if they were sending the tickets with the invites.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics