Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lola-Belle
Beginner April 2013

How to "Drop" a Bridesmaid - Advice

Lola-Belle, 31 January, 2012 at 15:24

Posted on Planning 44

Hi all , Wont bore you with all of the in's and outs its a very very long storey! But my friend (best friend and only one ive really had) has been a complete worthless b**ch to me and we have had a few major falling outs. I decided before christmas that things just wernt the same between us and said...

Hi all ,

Wont bore you with all of the in's and outs its a very very long storey! But my friend (best friend and only one ive really had) has been a complete worthless b**ch to me and we have had a few major falling outs. I decided before christmas that things just wernt the same between us and said look we will stay friends for the sake of our families being close but Id rarther we stoped trying to be what we were cos you letting me down all the time is upsetting me , your hurting me more than you make me happy.

Reponce I got was " Ok" Nice after being best mates since we were 3!

She was textin me over crimbo and once I started to reply the texts stoped, I now get one every 3 weeks on a Tuesday or Wednesday saying "Hi, hows you?" we have inaine chit chat for the obligitory 3 messages then she doesnt reply and 3 weeks later we have the same!

I decided before christmas I dont want her as my bridesmaid, I dont particlarly like the person she is anymore (we are now very different) and we have no bond and after the terrible things she has done to me Im not happy with her being part of my special day.

I know a text is not the way to do it so when I got this months text "Hi, hows you" I said "great, was just going to text you to meet up" her responce was "well im really really busy at the min so when I get a free second ill pop to your house." (which pissed me off cos theres endless pics of her on FB partying with her new bessie im talking everyday / night this week so far)

My responce in my head was "ERMMM!!! NOO!!"

Do I accept this and tell her when she finds time for me or frig it and text her back explaining why I dont want her to be my BM anymore?

What do you think?

x

44 replies

• D
    Beginner August 2013
    debs35 ·
    • Hide content

That sounds fair to me, hope she doesnt get shitty with you. Tough if she doesnt like it eh...

• Lola-Belle
    Beginner April 2013
    Lola-Belle ·
    • Hide content

Indeed! going to keep an eye on Stalkerbook as I like to call it to see when shes next out to ring her house so I can speak to her parents.

As in look dont know if **** told you but blah blah blah but were grown women still love her to bits and you two and id love it if youd still do my hair.

It means so much to me for her dad to do this as hes known me all my life, also when I asked him he said about bloody time too! I would have been devestaed if you hadnt have asked me! "

x

• Jenfafa
    Beginner July 2012
    Jenfafa ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

fingers crossed for you. Keep us updated on her reply is she does (I hate waiting when I've had to do something like that, is quite nerve wracking!)

x

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Has she replied yet? I find myself oddly intrigued by this tale...

• Lola-Belle
    Beginner April 2013
    Lola-Belle ·
    • Hide content

Morning Ladies,

Not even a reply as of yet! Nice eh!! Think im more hurt and peed off now that I ever have been with her !!!

grrrrr

x

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

That is WELL RUDE>

BUT

at least there can be no doubt in her mind, you have got it off your chest (both here & in the text) .

let us know if she doesn reply (SO nosey!) x

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Let us know when she bothers to get in touch!

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

I think that text is really well put, if she doesn't reply then more fool her....

• M
    Beginner December 2012
    MrsHargreaves2B ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I had a similar problem - I was having my h2b's brother's fiance, ordered the dresses etc and 4 days later I hear - through my future MIL - they have broken up. I was very annoyed as she could have told me 4 days earlier and I wouldnt have ordered the dress. Now having to have a bridesmaid I wasnt planning on because I couldnt cancel the dress. When she (eventually) texted me to see if I knew, I just said I hope you understand but I cant have you as a bridemsaid anymore as you arent part of the family, we still want you to come to the wedding (as she is h2b's nephew's mum) but it would just be awkward. She didnt reply, but to be honest I dont care, I was only having her as a BM because I felt I had to represent my h2b's family in the bridal party, and I think that if they can mess us around, they dont deserve to make us feel uncomfortable with the difficult conversation. Just text her, and get it out of the way - tell her the truth, read the message to your h2b (to check it isnt too horrible!) then send it before you have the chance to think again. I did and dont regret it!

• girlfantastico
    Beginner June 2014
    girlfantastico ·
    • Hide content

I can't believe she's not replied to you! I have been lurking on this thread yesterday and again today and am shocked that she's not even got back to you. Seems like you are better off without this one dear Smiley smile I am also having bridesmaid issues and I know ow awkward you must feel having to send that text!!

• D
    Beginner August 2013
    debs35 ·
    • Hide content

Well, i think it says it all if she cant reply. She obviously knows how bad her behaviour has been. It s probably starting to hit home and shes feeling a bit miffed. Tough!

I wouldnt worry about the reply, you ve had your say and got it off your chest, its her problem now. You can moveon with a new bm you really want there and have a fantastic time without her!

• winniety
    Beginner January 2015
    winniety ·
    • Hide content

You just to do as you want !

Nothing is impossible,good luck to you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics