Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

vikki-04/07/09
Beginner July 2009

how to fasten order of service together

vikki-04/07/09, 16 June, 2009 at 23:06 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi all

i have made a card outer and paper inner for my order of service and need a way to bind them together. Tried ribbon but i carnt get the ribbon to sit stright so does anyone have any suggestions

thought of staples but dont really want to see a staple

help!!!!

1 replies

Latest activity by Snow Patroller, 16 June, 2009 at 23:14
  • M
    musicalsoulents ·
    • Hide content

I know what you mean!

My order of services were A5 card outer with paper insert. All we did was get very thin ribbon (about 2mm thick), staple the pages in the centre of the booklet using a long arm stapler and then wrapped the ribbon round the centre and tied it in a bow on the outside.

Instead of stapling you could maybe hole punch some holes and feed the ribbon through them to secure the paper to the card?

Have you a pic at all please?

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content

I sew mine in! pick a thread that compliments your OOS / theme, and just simply sew through the spine, about 1.5 / 2" long, sew back thru and tie ....

ETA - double up the thread tho' for extra security, and sew from the inside out so the thread 'tails' are inside .. I usually leave mine with a little 'tail' rather than trim right to the knot in the thread. Best way is to knot rght by the hole at the bottom, pull the thread tight against the card and then it holds it tight rather than it flapping around inside the cover...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics