Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I
Beginner January 2016

How to get copies of marriage certificate?

imabusybee, 19 of January of 2016 at 22:28 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hope someone can help as I have googled and no answers!

I got married on Saturday and need a few copies of my wedding certificate, but online applications say they can't be for weddings within the last 18 months. How do I get copies then?! We weren't asked in advance if we'd like any..

3 replies

Latest activity by Daisy Bell, 20 of January of 2016 at 16:34
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I imagine ring your registry office where you gave notice. Not 100% sure tho to be honest. Sorry.

• L
    Beginner June 2017
    Lou37 ·
    • Hide content

Can I ask what you need to copies for?? Can you not just photocopy your certificate if its to send off for name change etc thats normally ok, i photocopied mine for lots of different reasons and had no troubles

• K
    Beginner January 2016
    kimster ·
    • Hide content

I rang my register office and paid for a few extra copies in advance. It probably differs in each area but copies were £4 if you order in advance but £10 afterwards. I think most places accept photocopies for name changes but others (passport at least I think) required an original copy so everyone has been telling me it's good to get a few extra 'official' copies to use for those.

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

We just got 3 copies when we handed in our signed marriage schedule after the wedding (humanist ceremony in Scotland). Just ring your registry office and make an appointment and they should be able to give you the copies. We had to pay £10 per copy, don't think you can get them for £4 in Scotland.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics