Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mandunc14
Beginner July 2014

How to Include a Menu

mandunc14, 30 of April of 2013 at 21:00 Posted on Planning 0 11

For our wedding guests have a choice between two starters, three mains, and two desserts. How exactly should I go about including menu choices in the invite?

We need to have each persons specific choices (so a response card where people circle the beef and chicken wont do because we need to know who wants what). I realize this is a lot of work, but I am a planner and orgaziner, plus I love food so seeing peoples choices will be something I enjoy.

Should we create a normal RSVP card and include some sort of extra paper for meal choices, create individual rsvp cards (so each guest would fill their own out-so a family of three would send three back) or another way? We are having the option of guests doing the RSVP/meal choices on our website as well (although I would prefer to get the cards back as Im a geek like that)

Any help or suggestions??

11 replies

Latest activity by Vix7913, 1 of May of 2013 at 08:32
  • mandunc14
    Beginner July 2014
    mandunc14 ·
    • Hide content

Haha Im glad Im not in it alone! I was waiting for replies telling me Im a crackhead for giving choices! When I decide what we are doing or I see an idea I will post it =)

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

On the RSVP card you can still do the tick box/circle of their choice but have a space like Name.................. so they can write their name in.

Explain how to do it in the additional info section for anyone who doesn't get it.

• V
    Beginner September 2013
    Vix7913 ·
    • Hide content

We are doing 1 invitation per couple/family then including individual named RSVP cards for each person to fill in with their choices.

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Ooh we're doing the same but have plenty of time until we get to this stage so I'll be interested to hear the answers ?

I know it's not exactly pretty looking but could you ask them to circle and initial each circled choice? So you can match the initial or first letter of the name to the circle? If it's more than one of the same they could write x2 and the initials?

Or extra RSVPs but this could get confusing. Other option is to just ask them to email/website menu choice - this is what I'm thinking we'll do but will be interested to hear other people's suggestions!

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

Actually, on the little pack of examples that my lovely stationer sent me, there was an example where a couple had this.

On their RSVP, they listed the choices, and then they asked people to tick their choice and write their initials by the tick.

It was copy heavy, and the text was pretty small, but it worked!

xxx

• D
    Beginner June 2013
    dwindlingsun ·
    • Hide content

We have menu choices which I included on an insert in the invite. Didn't have RSVP cards so everyone has just replied including their choices by various methods including email, cards, in person, and texts, and generally people have been fairly good at letting us know what they want and who wants it! Then I've just put it all on a spread sheet. I've also made menu reminder cards for the day so that people don't forget what they have ordered!!

• Forever Wedding Dance
    Rockstar September 2013
    Forever Wedding Dance ·
    • Hide content

We are going to another wedding this year with the same sort of menu. Basically they put a letter beside each option so the starters were A,B,C, and the mains were D,E,F, and pudings G,H,I and then the children's starters J,K,L etc...you get the idea. Then on the RSVP there was a table / grid so each person could put their name and three choices so mine would say - Emma = A, E and H and then another box for my other half to put his three choices. Having a designated letter for every single option ruled out confusion and meant that it didn't take up much space on the RSVP. Hope that helps!

• mandunc14
    Beginner July 2014
    mandunc14 ·
    • Hide content

Hmm I like that option too, but in my mind I see it as crowding the RSVP card....lol but Im not good at picturing things in my head. I need to see it

My OH suggested using bigger RSVP cards and folding them but I really dont like that idea. Im going to spend some more time looking on line for examples. So far one RSVP card per person is how Im thinking we may need to do it

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

We were going to do this, and give people the option, but- having spoken to the venue- we've decided to offer just a vegetarian alternative (a simple tick box on the RSVP) and pick the food for everyone else.

Main reasons for this...a) it was a massive hassle getting the info onto the invitations, as you've mentioned and b) the place we're having the reception is a small bistro / restaurant rather than a full-scale catering operation and we're going to be pushed for time- it's much easier and quicker to just bring out the same plate of food for each table than worry about who ordered what and who is sitting where, and making sure that the right person gets the right food (because you can guarantee that people will forget!)

Do you have a wedding website? You could direct people to that and get them to log their food choices online? We set up a website to save sending out massive, bulky invitations.

But I would suggest that you put something on each place setting to denote which options everyone has picked. Otherwise on the day you will have people clocking other meals and decided that's what they 'ordered', etc. I've seen it happen! Major catering confusion.

• rp304
    Beginner August 2013
    rp304 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, by no means am I saying this is the best way but this is what we have done.

An A4 folded card with rsvp on the front and the menu choices inside (this has 2, but i did some with 5 in, using both sides), and a separate menu on a5 card which we put inside. So the guests could keep the menu and just send back the rsvp.

• V
    Beginner September 2013
    Vix7913 ·
    • Hide content

These are what we are putting in for our RSVP cards, they will be printed back to back and will get 8 to an A4 page.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics