Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

alabastamasta
Beginner May 2014

How to involve teenagers in the wedding?

alabastamasta, 17 of January of 2014 at 15:03 Posted on Planning 0 5

I'm looking for some inspiration on how to involve my cousin's 2 girls (15 and 18) in our wedding; they can't really be bridesmaids as I already have 4 adult BMs and 3 flower girls!

So far the ideas I have come up with are:

-reading: I think possibly one of them could do this, but I'm not sure either of them are really confident enough
-handing out confetti at the church

And I'm stuck for more! We have ushers, so not sure they could really do any of the ushering duties :/

Does anyone have any bright ideas? Pretty please? Smiley tongue

5 replies

Latest activity by alabastamasta, 17 of January of 2014 at 17:07
  • M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Could they be in charge of making sure everyone signs the guest book? Taking it round in the evening etc.

• alabastamasta
    Beginner May 2014
    alabastamasta ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh yeah, maybe! Smiley smile

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

To be honest if I wasn't a BM then I would want to be a guest... I dont understand how giving someone a job and responsibility so they worry all day/chase people round and cant enjoy themselves is an honor

as for a speech/reading it depends on the person really... I would hate it as I have stage fright (as do many others I know) so make sure they are comfortable doing public speaking first

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

Do they care whether they are involved or not?? I attended many weddings as a teenager and was more than happy to be a guest!!

in one I was given a job to assist people at the church and I hated it so much!!!

• alabastamasta
    Beginner May 2014
    alabastamasta ·
    • Hide content

It's more to offer them an opportunity to be involved if they want to; I wouldn't ask them to do anything they didn't want to do and if I can think of something they would enjoy, then all well and good! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics