Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L

How to make a small registry office wedding extra special????

LGM2604, 23 of August of 2013 at 14:27 Posted on Planning 0 6

I really hope someone can help me with some ideas and suggestions as I am useless!!.......A friend of mine recently asked me to be a witness at her wedding which has been brought forward and downsized due to them having a young baby and the bride going back to university next month. Although they cannot afford anything too fancy and are now only having 6 people present at the ceremony (including themselves), I wondered if there was something I can do to add something special or memorable to the day?

The ceremony takes place in the morning and they will then have a big gap until they will go for a meal at a restaurant with other friends and family. I wonder if there is anything I can arrange for the ceremony, after the ceremony, or later on that evening! I really want to do my bit as I recently got married and had a great day but was let down by my bridesmaids who didn't get involved at all.

Can anyone inspire me?? please??

6 replies

Latest activity by LGM2604, 23 of August of 2013 at 19:03
  • Sange!
    Beginner January 1997
    Sange! ·
    • Hide content

Could you not just ask her if there's anything she migth like? They may be planning a quiet bit in the middle of the day to just chat and enjoy being married in relative peace.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Is there a nearby park or something? Could you suggest Pimms on picnic blankets and some small games? Mr and Mrs type quizzes etc...

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

We had a 'predding' (pre-wedding) which was 6 of us at registry office, we went to gorgeous patisserie afterwards. You could do something similar and get them to reserve a table, decorate it a little and give the 5 star treatment.

Do you know any budding photographers who could come and spend some time with you all in a pretty area of a local park? You could hang some bunting between trees and have a hamper with fizz and glasses in. They could get some great shots.

• R
    Beginner June 2014
    redsunflower25 ·
    • Hide content

We were in a sort of similar situation (small wedding, how to fill the day etc) We have toyed with a few ideas, little boat trip, couple hours out at local wildlife park, visit to national trust houses (our guests our into that kind of thing, and good opportunity for photos). Guess it depends on what they enjoy and with a little one too I imagine this would need bit more thought (I'm childless so guessing! ?)

Could you/someone look after the little one for a couple of hours so they could have a bit of time to themselves? Treat them to a spa treatment if they like that kind of thing, or afternoon tea somewhere nice? (hope this doesn't offend anyone but I imagine bit of grown up time is rare with a new baby)

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Could you take some mini bottles of fizz with straws to drink outside?

• L
    LGM2604 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your reply! I might ask...I did want it to be a surprise though! They are a very young couple so not sure how much peace and quiet they would want! But pleased to get some good suggestions!!!

• L
    LGM2604 ·
    • Hide content

Wow!! Thanks for the replies!! Some great ideas to be looking into! Love them! Thank you all!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics