Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Purple Pixie
Beginner July 2012

How to make it smell nice

Purple Pixie, 12 April, 2012 at 13:15 Posted on Planning 0 7

I know you're probably going to think I'm a bit crackers but I'd really like both the church and the marquee to have a nice smell when you walk in. I can solve this easily at church by putting some scented candles on the windowsills but we're not allowed candles in the marquee so, other than a few cans of air freshener, is there anything we could do? There'll be quite a few candles but none of them have a particularly strong scent apparently.

7 replies

Latest activity by *Ducky*, 12 April, 2012 at 15:09
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I think heavily scented flowers are the best option but not the cheapest.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

What about those little air fresheners that aren't aerosols? Do you know the ones I mean, they stand upright and have scented gel inside. I put them in the ladies' loos at my wedding. They aren't pretty to look at but you could hide them.

• emze2011
    Beginner September 2013
    emze2011 ·
    • Hide content

Flowers!! unless anything is particuly dusty/moulding then it wont smell. ive sat in church at other peoples weddings and with guests mixed perfumes/hairsprays/lotions/aftershaves the place didn't have room for any more smells! but if your really worried asda do really cheap car freshners for 50p each in various fruit smells/vanilla etc and they are really strong and could be hidden or tied under tables or chairs.

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

Arran aromatics do room sprays to match their scented candles and they smell really nice, not too over powering and not "chemically" if that makes sense.

• ladyzoot
    Beginner August 2012
    ladyzoot ·
    • Hide content

How about fragrence sticks like these?

• Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content

What about fragranced hearts -

You could have them in your colour scheme.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I'd go with flowers.

I hate obviously chemically fragranced things like plug ins, scented stick, scented bog roll etc. They make me feel sick and seem so heavy.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

If you aren't having enough flowers to scent the room, how about dried lavender in the centrepieces or in scented hearts like above.

Are you a summer wedding? If so the walls of the marquee may well be open with a constant breeze which will most probably counteract any air freshening or flower scents in place!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics