Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria

How to seat ex partners at a wedding!

Shay, 6 of February of 2024 at 21:32 Posted on Planning 0 2
Not worried, but I have been thinking about this!

We are all from the same friendship group. They don’t know anyone else at the wedding. Couple 1 are amicable and she has a new partner. He will be attending as it’s been almost a year. Couple 2 do not get along at all. Do not speak. It has gotten a little nasty as hearts have been broken. So I do not want them to even sit near each other? But I also don’t want to break the group if that makes sense?Has anyone else had this and how did you plan this? Ofcourse I know they’ll bang into each other later in the day but just for the initial sit down!

2 replies

Latest activity by Shay, 7 of February of 2024 at 10:12
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I can understand not wanting to split up the friendship group but it shouldn't be a huge issue - people are still going to be able to talk to each other after the meal, and if they are such good friends, they will presumably be meeting up at other times anyway. So I think splitting the group would be the easiest way forward.

I would put one half of each 'ex couple' on separate tables - ideally with their backs to their former partners so they are not in each other's eyeline! and split the rest of the friendship group between those two tables. It's obviously going to be hard on the couple who don't get on to be stuck on the same table as each other, but if you split them up and leave the rest of the group together, they are likely to feel very hurt, so I think splitting up the whole group is kindest.

• S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Pefect! This does make sense! Thank you so much for your reply! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics