Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2008

how to sit couples on rectangular seating plan??

sez_louise, 6 April, 2008 at 20:38 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi,

with 4wks ? to the big day we're starting to work on the seating plan but I'm having an issue before I've even started!!

We've got long rectangular tables rather than round and we can't figure out whether we should seat couples next to each other or opposite??

Can I please have some opinions, experience??? any help would be VERY gratefully received!!

Thanks in advance!! ?
Sarah x

5 replies

Latest activity by Danuta, today at 10:18
  • E
    Beginner May 2008
    evie ·
    • Report
    • Hide content

    We've just completed our table plan, with rectangular tables, and we've seated couples opposite each other. The exceptions are me + H2B so we're next to each other and best man and his wife are opposite us and next to each other.
    hth.
    evie.

    • Reply
  • Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Report
    • Hide content

    We sat couples next to each other

    • Reply
  • Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Report
    • Hide content

    I think I'd like to be opposite my OH if I had a choice. But then, I wouldn't complain at being next to him. I don't think you'll find anyone averse to either to be honest.

    • Reply
  • Champagne
    Beginner June 2007
    Champagne ·
    • Report
    • Hide content

    I would prefer to be next to him as easier to chat & let him finish my plate! We went to a wedding in December where all the friends were on one large rectangular table seating about 20 and couples were adjacent to each other.

    • Reply
  • Sophia
    Beginner January 2027 Norfolk
    Sophia ·
    • Report
    • Hide content

    Seating couples thoughtfully can make the whole experience more comfortable and give them more quality time together during the celebration. Find the perfect romantic getaway Ohio offers in every season, from fall foliage to snowy cabin weekends. Each spot on our list gives you privacy, comfort, and plenty of time together.

    • Reply
  • D
    Beginner August 2026 New York
    Danuta ·
    • Report
    • Hide content

    For long rectangular tables, seating couples side-by-side is generally the best approach because it keeps conversations flowing naturally down the length of the table and avoids the awkward "canteen or boardroom" feel of facing each Official Website other across a wide span. However, if your tables are narrow enough to easily chat across, alternating couples with singles or seating them diagonally opposite can also work well to encourage mingling and ensure everyone has someone familiar close by.

    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics