Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2024 Cheshire

How to stand out as the groom with matching suits

Stephen, 5 of February of 2024 at 18:15 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 5

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on what to wear for my wedding in May. I have seen a suit that I like and the plan was for me, the best man and my Dad to wear the same suit so that we match on photos. From what I've seen this is fairly standard (correct me if I'm wrong). However I also want to stand out in some way as I am the groom after all! At first I thought maybe I could have the tie and pocket square to match our colour scheme, with the others having a different colour but my fiancee has said she thinks it would be better for the best man etc. to match the bridesmaids instead. Another option is for only me to wear a waistcoat, but not sure if that is too subtle?

Are there any suggested ways for the groom to stand out whilst still matching other male members of the party?

Thanks,

Stephen

5 replies

Latest activity by GrantAndOSullivan, 10 of April of 2024 at 17:56
  • Ajx
    Dedicated April 2024 West Yorkshire
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content

What about changing the tie? My FH is wearing a patterned suit and the groomsmen are wearing plain suits, but my FH is wearing a plain tie and the groomsmen are going to wear patterned ones (both in the same colour)

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

A different waistcoat is the usual option and a different more elaborate button hole too.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If you want to stand out, then I agree a waistcoat and more elaborate buttonhole is the way forward, but I wouldn't overthink it. If people don't know you are the groom in the first place, then what on earth are they doing at your wedding?

• S
    Beginner May 2024 Cheshire
    Stephen ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the advice, I am probably overthinking it! Sounds like a different waistcoat and buttonhole would be the best option. Cheers.

• Hampshire Wedding Photographer
    Hampshire
    Hampshire Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content

Buttonholes are the way my friend. Sometimes people have different waistcoats, but most of the time the groom can be distinguished by the buttonholes OR a top-hat (it's dying out but had that a few times).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics