Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

TreacleTart
Beginner May 2015

How to stop a necklace slipping?

TreacleTart, 8 of January of 2015 at 19:02 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 5

Does anyone know a way to stop this? My OH bought me a locket for Christmas but the clasp keeps sliding round so it end up next to the locket bit, I have the same problem with all my necklaces that have a loose charm on them-any ideas how to stop it or is it just a case of putting up with it? (Partly asking too cus I might wear it on our wedding day and it does drive me a bit crackers that I have to keep spinning the chain back round to get the clasp at the back of my neck) I'm just not sure it's possible...

5 replies

Latest activity by lisaloulou, 10 of January of 2015 at 21:19
  • tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

Crimp beads? And then crimp bead covers to make it look like a regular bead. Pic here:

Tutorial here: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Crimp-Beads

Depends on the type of chain you have though.

• cinnamon009
    Beginner December 2014
    cinnamon009 ·
    • Hide content

As tayto said the only way you can do it is by securing the locket so it is at a set position on the chain. My tiffany necklace is 'set' and I don't have any problem with that swizzling round but my normal everyday work necklace with a loose chain I do. I did think about gluing my 'everyday' necklace so the charm bit wouldn't move but was reluctant as it's platinum and was worried I could ruin it (and it also has sentimental value as it was a present from my mum). I might look at the crimp beads to secure mine too!

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

I just looked them up as couldnt get my head round them ha. Its a good idea but sadly wouldnt work for my necklace, i think i'll just have to put up with it slipping - it's no biggie really, I just always wondered if there was a way...

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

A short chain with a weighted bead attached to the clasp should act as a balance and keep it in place.

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Oh that's an idea celticcurl, I could try that, ta!!

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

I'd steer clear of crimp beads for anything other than snake chains really (and even then personally I wouldn't use them on chain).

As cellticcurl says, putting an extender chain on the part the clasp attaches too should help.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics