Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

moonpie1985
Beginner July 2012

How to word an email to colleagues?

moonpie1985, 30 May, 2012 at 19:11 Posted on Planning 0 7

So as you might remember, we have moved our wedding up to the lake district which means its about 250 miles away from where people live.

All the closest family and friends are coming up to stay for the weekend.

I am quite close to my work colleagues and they are all very excited for me, and were originally looking forward to coming up to the evening do when we were having it locally.

I assumed I wouldnt worry too much about colleagues now its moved, but a few of them have family and friends in the lake district and have said that they would be happy to pop in just for the evening as they can make a weekend out of it.

I was thinking of sending an email round to everyone just to say that they are all more than welcome, and that I didnt expect people would want to travel all that way, but if they happen to be around there that they are more than welcome to come.

I am just finding it hard to word - can you help? Or do you think its a silly idea?

7 replies

Latest activity by xlovebirdsx, 30 May, 2012 at 19:27
  • xlovebirdsx
    Beginner August 2012
    xlovebirdsx ·
    • Hide content

Our wedding is now in the lake district. come if you want.

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

If it was me then i would invite them properly (via invites) and when you give it them just that you understand its REALLY far away but you wanted them to know they would be invited anyway and then you will get proper RSVP's etc...if you do a casual email they might not think they have to let you know if they are coming! x

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

I dont really want to go down the invite route.

its a very casual wedding and it wouldnt matter if the odd extra person turned up for the evening, so wouldnt need to know before hand.

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

this is nice and breif - it might just work!

• M
    Beginner
    MAG2FMC ·
    • Hide content

Haven't you already sent out the invitations, and if so, wouldn't they understand they're still welcome to attend? Or were your invitations for the prior venue?

Either way, I think you could just word it simply as: "Dear Friends: as you may know, we have had to move our wedding from X to Y. We are excited at the prospect of you celebrating with us at our evening reception, but understand if the distance now makes your journey impossible. However, if you're circumstances allow you to attend, we would be thrilled for you to join us."

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats great! Thanks

Change of venue was before invites went out.

• xlovebirdsx
    Beginner August 2012
    xlovebirdsx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was only playing ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics