Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

KEG
Beginner February 2009

How to work out numbers for an evening buffet.. Help please.!

KEG, 21 of January of 2009 at 15:34 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi, I was just wondering how people have worked out numbers for their evening buffet? I still havent recieved alot of rsvp's for the evening, do you under cater, or over cater, and by how much? We are having bacon baps and sausages, so not your typical buffet.

Any ideas please?

8 replies

Latest activity by teeheeyoucrazyguys!, 21 of January of 2009 at 21:09
  • Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

We are having the same food and got told to estimate for 80% of guests. So we will have 100 guests and cater for 80.

• bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content

Our venue recommends catering for 80% of our total number of guests in the evening. i think it also depends on how many more people you are inviting to the evening - if you are having relatively large numbers of evening only guests you might want to cater for a bit more than 80% as they won't have had the big main meal.

hth x

• CountDuckula
    Beginner August 2009
    CountDuckula ·
    • Hide content

We have to cater for a minimum of 75%. The buffet is included in the price of the package and we're planning on having around 95 people, so that means we can have around 130 for the evening without having to pay any extra. I hope that makes sense ?

• KEG
    Beginner February 2009
    KEG ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, so I will cater for 80% of the total amount of guests.?

• memedoaky
    Beginner September 2008
    memedoaky ·
    • Hide content

We were told by our caterer to cater an evening buffet for 50% (150) of our total number of guests as 100 of them had just been given a 5 course meal a couple of hours before hand. We still had some left over at the end of the night.

HTH

Luv Victoria

xxx

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

This is a good question as I had been wondering the same. We are having 60 all day guests including some children, and then a further 60/70 for the evening. We were thinking of doing a buffet for 80. Just going from personal experience - there's always loads left over at every wedding I have been to, and if I have been there for the sit down meal, I've always been so stuffed I've only wanted a few bits off the buffet.

• F
    Beginner August 2009
    Fairy_Bride ·
    • Hide content

We are also haveing bacon sandwiches on the evening for our buffet! Approx 80 in the day for the wedding breakfast and an extra 20-30 people on the night so will prob cater for 90. Hope this helps

:-)

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Oooo im glad you're doing the same as me guys, i have about 100 and catering for 80 in the evening too,wooo!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics