Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kathryn_Tom
Beginner March 2014

How wide is your wedding band?

Kathryn_Tom, 17 of September of 2012 at 17:27 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi everyone,

I posted a couple of weeks ago about plain or patterned wedding bands. I have since convinced myself I would rather have a completely plain one... however I am unsure as to the width.

I tried on a couple yesterday mainly 2mm and it goes really nicely with my engagement ring, although previously when I tried some on I was convinced (by the shop assistant) that a 3mm band would look better, especially if in the future I was to wear my wedding band on its own which I don't plan to do but you never know. I do see her point!

So that's where I'm thinking what about a 2.5mm band? Has anyone got a 2.5 as opposed to a 3mm, I know it's not as popular!

I'm hoping that if I have done this correctly there should be a picture of my engagement ring below... (I've never flashed before lol) sorry if it's not there or it's tiny/huge!

Any advice would be appreciated...

5 replies

Latest activity by Selenalee69, 17 of September of 2012 at 18:14
  • Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Mine is very slim - the website says 3mm but it looks slimmer than that to me. It goes perfectly against my engagement ring, and even though it's distinctly less noticeable when I only wear the wedding ring, I'm getting to like it Smiley smile

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Lovely ER! Not sure of the exact size but I do know my WR is thicker than my ER and I really like it that way. Does 0.5mm make a lot of difference to you? If you think it would look too chunky then go for the smaller size, even if the shop suggests otherwise (don't forget they can make more money the bigger you choose!)

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

My ER has a similar size band to yours...

I'm going to go with a 2mm wedding band and I like things to be equal.

• spikeygoodness
    Beginner
    spikeygoodness ·
    • Hide content

Mine's 6mm, but my engagement ring is 4mm, so it looks in proportion.

Go with whatever size you like best, you'll hopefully be wearing it forever!

• Kathryn_Tom
    Beginner March 2014
    Kathryn_Tom ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for your replies!

I tried on a 3mm and I am not keen on the fact that it doesn't quite balance out with my enagagement ring. I am a bit of a neat freak and like things to match so that's why I'm thinking 2mm, they didn't have any 2.5mm bands that I could try so I don't know if the 0.5mm would make a diffference. Like I said I don't think 2.5mm bands are that popular, might do some more research.

Thanks again.

• Selenalee69
    Beginner April 2013
    Selenalee69 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to go for a slim wedding band,as I want the main feature to be my engagement ring. It's a solitaire as well,but the setting sits on my finger so I need one that is slightly curved so they sit nicely. I tried on a little slim one with a couple of diamonds set in at each side which was £199 at H.Samuel,and it really complimented my engagement ring nicely. I then tried on a 3 or 4 mm plain band,and it just looked bulky and horrid.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics