Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

lovelygirl
Beginner August 2011

How would you make a round top table special?

lovelygirl, 1 August, 2010 at 21:52 Posted on Planning 0 10

How would you make a round top table special? I was thinking about having the normal long table - thus we would have our own special flowers that are long and thin... this obviously won't work on a round table... we are planning on having blue plant pots with cream flowers on the regular tables three of which will have the bm posies in as i am trying to keep the budget is as small as possible! I don't like blue flowers... What about a blue table cloth? and flowers in a cross?? the idea is very informal, village fete/garden party feel

We have decided on a round top table as don't fancy the idea of people staring at us eating and being on show - will still be sat with our parents etc etc

10 replies

Latest activity by debmci, 2 August, 2010 at 16:13
  • The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

We are having a round top table and just doing it the same as the others. Sorry that doesn't help

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the reply nonetheless zippy Smiley smile if i come up with no ideas that maybe an option!

• GEMINIBEBE
    Beginner August 2010
    GEMINIBEBE ·
    • Hide content

Hiya we've got a round table too and we are having a flower arrangement and the other tables are having fishbowl with mirror etc.

Just makes it look a bit more 'special' I suppose?

Hope this helps!

X

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

How about having a sash around the back of the Bride & Grooms Chair with a single flower like this:

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

Ooh i like that idea with a flowers on our chairs.... sashes won't work i don't think as we are not having chair covers

also where would you put a round table?? in the middle of everyone or to the top of the room?? or closest to the buffet table lol

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

You can still use just the sash on the chair:

If you feel comfortable with being in the centre of the room then I would say yes. It means that you will be near to mpst of your guets & it also makes it easier for them to come & talk to you, rather than make their way through all the other tables.

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

We are also having a round top table, and we're going to have different colour sashes round the bride and groom chairs. We arent having centrepieces for each table so will put the flowers from the wedding ceremony on that to make it stand out more x

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

well I would maybe thhink of making the decor of it a bit more. Also you could make it a bigger table, have it in the middle and have the other tables around it. Theres also the idea of putting chair covers on the top table and not the rest, or if you're having chair covers on all chairs, a different colour on the top table! Hope that helps!!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We are having a round top table in the middle of the room and I am just going to make the centrepiece a bit larger and put bows on the bride and groom chairs with big wooden letters hanging off the back with our initials. Possibly a different colour tablecloth too to really make it stand out.

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies, i think i have decided to have blue table cloth for the top table in the middle of the room. Also think i have decided to have a hurricane lantern with a candle with coloured beads or sand with a wreath of flowers and ivy round the bottom.

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

sounds good!! Look forward to seeing pics of how it works out!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics