Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner September 2014

Hubby to be off on his stag do...am i supposed to feel like this?!?!

beckimas, 16 of May of 2014 at 09:22 Posted on Planning 0 10

So, as the title says really...hubby to be as gone off on his stag do this morning. He got picked up at 5am and is currently on a flight to Benidorm and doesn't come back until Sunday night very late!! I feel sick to my stomach with nerves. I haven't really been keen on the idea the whole time it's been planned, partly for selfish reasons but also because it's not even really what he wanted to do. His brother being best man organised everything and didn't even ask my oh what he fancied doing, who he wanted to go etc. So he's gone off abroad which has cost quite a lot for each person to go. Loads of family are going but some of his mates just couldn't afford it (he doesn't know this yet as they tried to keep everything a secret, although he did know where he was going). It just feels like it's been organised for what his brother wanted (a big family get together) and no thought has gone in to what my oh wanted. Some of the family going, yes would have been invited anyway but I know for a fact there are people he would have loved to have gone and who wouldn't have done if it was something done in this country. I'm not denying he'll probably have a great time but I'm just so worried that they're going to get him pissed as a fart and he'll end up getting robbed, going to loads of strip bars...makes me feel sick even thinking about it...is this normal to be feeling this way. I haven't told my oh of my worries as I didn't want to put a downer on the whole thing, and he did sense last night that I was anxious about it and he said he will behave. I trust him completely but his family are very loud and over powering sometimes and I just don't want him to be pressured into doing something he doesn't want to do....am I just being silly?!?! I keep telling myself I am but I cant help it...im going to be a wreck this whole weekend. Luckily I have a toddler to keep me busy and planning on spending evenings finishing off evening invitations and making table runners lol. Sorry, rant over x

10 replies

Latest activity by mariannechuaphotography, 20 of May of 2014 at 09:53
  • M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

I dont think your being silly at all! My OH's stag is being organised by the BM ( I'm pretty sure he thinks it's his only role in the wedding) an he tried organising 20 of the lads to go to benidorm and I cried so much and stressed when I found out, not because I don't trust my OH but when ther all drinking their all a bit roudy and stupid. I could see OH loosing his passport or getting locked up.

Then I googled stags in benidorm and all I saw was beautiful women with the perfect body and not being a very image confident person I felt horrible. Myself and my OH had a chat and he understood my worries.

A few weeks later I found out it had been canceled because no one could really afford it, ahh thank god! It's been moved Briton so I'm happier with this!

I want my OH to have a great time, couldn't really are less if he goes to a strip club because him and his friends go to one about once a year anyway, I just hope they all act like adults!

Why don't you grab a bottle of wine, get some friends over and try ( as hard as it will be) to have a relaxing night, ad if you do have any worries I'm sure your friends will help you.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Aaw. I know exactly where you're coming from. My oh recently went to Amsterdam for a stag do and I felt exactly the same. Silly really as I trust him totally but there's just something about it that I couldn't explain.

Try and take your mind of it. Get some girls round and have a sun party Smiley smile the weathers as good here as in Benidorm this weekend Smiley smile sun and sangria, you could get a paddling pool and play sand to have the sea bit as well lol. It will be over before you know it. Honest. You can't change it so just trust him, have some chill time and you'll be back at work on Monday in no time lol. Xx

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    beckimas ·
    • Hide content

Thank you, I'm so pleased it's not only me. I have cried over it but because it was all being kept a secret from oh, he couldn't even tell them its not really his sort of thing...and I couldn't say anything otherwise I would have been the one ruining there big family get together (because that's what's important here...never mind anything else).

My other thing was all the beautiful women but I didn't really want to say that in my original post as I felt even sillier. I am trying to lose weight and although I'm not huge, I am not and will never be a skinny girl, I'm curvy and that's me and my oh loves my body but all these girls in their teeny weeny bikinis with perfect washboard stomachs (unlike mine which is covered in stretch marks...he's going to be looking and while there's no harm in that, it still upsets me and I don't really know why.

My only thing with strip clubs is that I know the rules over here and they are quite strict with the no touching etc...not sure it will be quite the same over there...and also read horror stories about girls going up to groups of drunk men in the streets, flirting and getting them to put their arms around them for photos, then stealing from them and this worries me as I can imagine all the guys would encourage him having photos with hot women...

I've made plans for tomorrow night but tonight no one is free Smiley sad may still grab that bottle of wine though, although my slimming world weigh in may not like it come next week lol Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

Aww bless you, I'm slim ( having real problems maintaining weight at the moment waiting on more test results!!) but after 2 kids I'm in the same boat with the stretch marks, Iv even got them the back of my knees!!

Yes Iv also heard horror stories about street muggins, even watched a program about stags in praug (sp?) the other day and the place is full of people wanton to rip off stags! you just have to hope the men with you OH don't take all ther cash out with them.

Tonght and tomorrow I would t worry about your weigh in, as much as you can enjoy yourself!

• emabee
    Beginner August 2014
    emabee ·
    • Hide content

I'm so glad you started this post. I think most of us feel exactly the same right?? I also trust my other half completely but like your OH, some of his mates are idiots and would have no problem cheating on their girlfriends/wives. Yes there will be strip bars involved and that bothers me but you know what? You just have to get over it because that's what boys do. They're not going to not go to a strip bar because you/I have said we don't like it and all his mates will tease him for being under the thumb!!!! I'm sure it will all be fine but rest assured I am worrying sick about my OH's stag in July.

Thankfully my hen is exactly the same weekend as his so that will keep me occupied and my two brothers are going on the stag so I will find out anything I need to!! Ha ha ha!

Can you get a sitter and go out over the weekend?

With regard to the family get together thing, the guy arranging it is very selfish and hasn't thought about what your OH would want at all. There's nothing you can do about it now though. Maybe he could have another local stag night for those wo couldn't go? Then you can start worrying all over again......ha ha! xx

• B
    Beginner July 2014
    blueypye ·
    • Hide content

I'd like to just chip in from the other side and tell you not to worry. Let him have a good time. It is a shame that not every one could go along, but that will always be the case with any type of event. If he wants to, he can organise something closer to home, nearer the time, that more people can come to. There's also no point worrying how much it has cost other people to attend - they had the option to say no, right?

I think that you might be overreacting slightly, he's a grown man, you have a child together, and he is going with his family - it sounds like he is mature enough to make sensble decisions - even if he is completely rat-arsed! You also say you trust him completely, so what are you worrying about? I believe that the majority of stag do's are actually a lot tamer than people think, there are of course a few that get in the news, but they are the exception, not the standard.

Please try not to worry. He loves you and is getting married to you for a reason.

Enjoy your weekend and don't forget - wine is your friend x

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

I also want to say I know how you feel. Like you I completely trust my OH but he is on a stag this weekend, not his own, but with a group of mates I don't like because they always try to push the boundaries and seem to pride themselves on acting like 18 year olds. My advice would be to try to keep busy, and as others have said, wine!

• D
    Beginner August 2014
    Deb11 ·
    • Hide content

Ask me in a fortnight... At the moment I'm ok about it but I do intend to keep myself busy so I don't think about it too much!

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

Whilst I understand your worries and feelings, I do think that you are projecting them onto your OH. It's a shame that he didn't get a day in what they did but I don't think he won't enjoy himself. You have to just let him worry about looking after himself - passports going missing, stealing etc not nice but part and parcel of a typically stag do - they will be fine and all of that can be replaced. I think you need to just accept that you have no control over the situation and it doesn't matter. At the end of the day, he will come home to you and be marrying you. Perhaps when he comes back he can meet up with all the friends who didn't get to come - could this be something you organise? Maybe as another surprise?

One of our friends had pretty much an identical stag - yes, there were quite a few "dodgy" aspects but he did behave himself but also had fun. THe more you worry about it, the more resentful you will be. He can look after himself.

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    beckimas ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies, I just wanted to thank you all for making me feel better with all your comments...I didn't get on here a lot over the weekend as was keeping myself busy but hubby to be got back just after midnight on Sunday night and then had the day off yesterday. We had an amazing day together with our little boy who missed his daddy lots!!

I know they say 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' and it really does...the last couple of months we have been really picking at each other more than usual but having him go away for a few days when we don't really spend that much time apart normally just made me realise how I'm normally nagging him about stuff that doesn't really matter and how lucky I am to be marrying such an amazing man. Sorry for the soppiness, I know it was only 3 days but I missed him so much.

I think he missed me too...he was texting me quite a lot and even phoned me on Saturday. I expected the boys to take his phone off him but he said he wasn't into all the regular stag do traditionals and if he wanted to talk to me he would!! He also said they didn't go to strip clubs...his words were why would he go out for a cheap burger when he's got prime steak at home!! A couple of the guys did apparently but he said he's over that sort of thing. He made me feel very special yesterday and I felt a little bad for doubting him in the beginning.

Can't wait to marry my man!! Thanks all again Smiley smile x

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

We had a thread about stags and strip clubs before. Someone made a good point that in terms of feeling worried about cheating etc. they're safer in a strip club than in a normal club because in a strip club they really won't be able to touch anything (although this varies with each country). My feeling on it was that stags to strip clubs are one of those things where guys imagine it'll be awesome but in reality they end up a bit like the inbetweeners film- just mega awkward and uncomfortable when they get there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics