Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

VikingPrincess
Beginner December 2011

Huge advance N&P - *****Natalie aka Inspire Me Designs***** - UPDATED with FLASH!!!!

VikingPrincess, 19 August, 2010 at 23:26 Posted on Planning 0 16

I just wanted to say a big "Thank you" to our own HIB "Inspire Me Designs" for restoring my wedding mojo!!!!

As some of you may recall from my recent posts, we have been dealt two consecutive financial blows recently, in middle of planning for our Dec 2011 wedding! There have been tears and times we thought we'd have to cancel.

We had received our STDs and were sad to see them printed with a date we may have to change. We also realised we could no longer afford to have the stationery done by the company who did our STDs. My CBM and I decided to do them ourself and use an almost identical winter photo to the one used by the stationer, but this one taken by my OH and which many of you have seen flashed here.

As luck will have it, someone up there loves us and wants us to have this wedding... It all started with an email:

"Hiya

I noticed your post regarding your table plan and your stationery provider wanting to charge £95. Do you want it diamond encrusted or something?? Smiley smile

I can certainly help you with your table plan if you would like me to if you let me know what you would like.

If you are interested then let me know and I'll be more than happy to help you out. I dont have any Table Plans on my site at the moment but for samples of my other work please see ........ I am a registered HIB.

Regards

Natalie"

It was the beginning of a lot of communications, and resulted in Natalie offering me 6 different designs to chose from using my OH's picture and I can't stop looking at them all, especially the two we are trying to decide between! Not only her quotes were very reasonable and half what the initial stationer was asking, but the designs are incredible! They feel professional and the highest quality yet very personal to us!

Wedding mojo regained and I know probably Natalie is thinking I must be a bit weird and OTT for doing this thread here after emailing her so much already and signing her website guestbook but no words can describe how grateful and happy my OH and I are feeling tonight! If I hadn't joined Hitched, I'd have never known about HIB Natalie and probably either given up on the wedding altogether as this would have been another thing we couldn't afford, or messed up trying my hand at making my own invites (I admire all of you who did some superb invites but I am really useless with crafts, I couldn't stick a dot of glue without messing the whole card!)

I will flash them one day when they are all ready!!!!

THANK YOU, INSPIRE ME DESIGNS & NATALIE!!!!

PS - that's 2 things for the wedding I found through Hitched!

16 replies

Latest activity by VikingPrincess, 26 August, 2010 at 21:56
  • atlonglast
    Beginner November 2010
    atlonglast ·
    • Hide content

Aww thats lovely. So glad you have your mojo back and look forward to seeing the big flash. x

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

Such a lovely story - it brought a tear to my eye. So happy for you! xxx

• Kalie85
    Beginner
    Kalie85 ·
    • Hide content

It just goes to show how lovely everyone is on here, so glad you've got your mojo back. I know what you mean with the emails too, natalie is kindly designing our invites too so the poor girl has been bombarded with emails from me too!

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Oh bless you both.

Thanks you so much for this N&P. Very much appreciated. Brought a tear to my eye ? I just hope I can do your photo justice now.

I am enjoying working with you both

Please feel free to keep bombarding me. I'm really enjoying working with your designs and ideas. I'm having great fun. I just hope you are happy.

Nat

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

Awww - it was quite an emotional moment, as my OH is trying to take his photography professional and to see his picture on Natalie's designs made him quite emotional. Now this was something, because normally he is a tough, macho, ex-RAF guy who doesn't do tears! He can be very gentle and playful and affectionate but if you don't know him and just met him, you would be forgiven for thinking he can be a bit intimidating LOL!

He does landscape and wildlife photography and is not so good with portraits etc, and at the moment he's got an interview lined up next Wed with an award-winning commercial photography company and we are keeping everything crossed, as it would mean some extra money for the wedding!

Natalie's designs arrived just before the videographer's visit so as you can imagine I couldn't wait to see them and read the email as soon as the videographer left. That in itself was another emotional moment - the videographer and his wife work as a team, they are experienced as he has worked for 30 years for Yorkshire Television as a cameraman and they are the loveliest people! They were recommended by our tog and they were so moved by our plight, they have been so accomodating regarding prices and even offered to let us pay a smaller deposit now and did us a deal we can actually afford!

This wedding is meant to be!

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

Just wanted to flash the sample Natalie sent me!!! We're soooo excited!!! She used a photo my OH took of a snowy area near our home last winter and did us a few designs, of which we chose this one!!! I am sooo giddy - they're even better "in the flesh" rather than an Adobe design just on paper - but even THAT had us excited! Here we go, with our biggest thanks:

Design © Inspire Me Designs

Photo ©David Oakes 2010

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Oh. Your so very welcome hun.

Its been a pleasure working with you already. Cant wait to get stuck into making them all for you now and seeing everything come together.

I'm so excited as I think your theme is fab.

Nat

• Kalie85
    Beginner
    Kalie85 ·
    • Hide content

They are sooo beautiful! I love them and all your guests are going to be so impressed with them. Can't wait to see pics of the rest of your wedding planning.

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, I think I need some tranquilisers today LOL! I am way too giddy and there's still 15 months til the wedding!!!

Guess it's because of:

• the sample arriving today and being sooooo lovely!
    • because we have now provisionally booked the Registrar too! They can provisionally book it in their diary and you pay a £15, non-refundable fee, and then later on we have to book an appointment to give notice of marriage and discuss service, music etc...
    • The Registrar was available for our chosen time of 12 noon!!!
    • The registrar approved my choice of music for processional!!! YAAY - walking down the aisle to Enya's "May It Be" from Lord of the Rings!!! Awww I can see it: the fake snow, shimmering candlelight, the white surroundings, the song, me slowly coming down the aisle in my white hooded cape....
  • Kalie85
    Beginner
    Kalie85 ·
    • Hide content

No wonder you're so giddy! It sounds so dreamy and romantic, I didn't realise you could provisionally book the registrar, I'll have to look into that one coz that's the one thing I want to get sorted so I know we can get married!!

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's one little detail people always forget about, especially when marrying in approved venues! I nearly had a shock when I realised, "hang on a minute, I may want 12 noon ceremony, the venue may be OK with that, but is the Registrar AVAILABLE at 12 noon??" They said if it was summer maybe not, as people tend to book in advance but because it's still 15 months away and so close to Xmas, we were lucky to get the time we wanted!

• Kalie85
    Beginner
    Kalie85 ·
    • Hide content

That is going to be my first job tomorrow morning, I hadn't really thought about. I think i was just assuming someone would be available on the day and at the time I want!!! Thankyou so much!

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOL exactly, so did I!! No probs, that's why I love this forum, you always get excellent little reminders from others, tips, hints... and a lotta love!!! xxx

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

It was so much easier with a church Wedding. They can all be booked at the same time. No waiting around.

That would have driven me crazy!

Nat

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

I know, my 1st time around was a Church wedding (COE) and that's why this time i completely forgot about Registrar - I thought the venue would sort that out LOL!!!

But still, not as bad as in my native Romania, where a religious marriage cannot take place without a registry office one taking place first, as Christian Orthodox priests (similar to the Greek religion and Russian one) do not have the power to marry you LEGALLY. Many girls there like it because you get to wear two different outfits - one for the civil ceremony and the big white dress for the religious ceremony. For the priest to marry you on the day they have to see your Marriage Certificate from the Registry Office. Nowadays many brides have started to wear their wedding dress to the Registry office then going to church hence they're trying to book it on the same day. Another thing - there are no such things there as "licensed venues" - you HAVE to go to your local Registry Office then to Church. reception starts usually immediately after the religious service and last til about 6 am next morning!!! They also have a tradition of "stealing the bride" at midnight where the groomsmen "steal" the bride and the groom has to pay a "ransom" usually in alcohol (LOL) or groomsmen presents to get her back!

Pics of my cousin below, and one of my friends in the 2nd set - dressed for the Civil Ceremony - legally binding, and for the religious one respecitvely.

In pic below my mum (the bride's aunt) is in the beige trouser suit:

My friend Oana:

Sorry for the biiig flash!

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Oh... How beautiful does she look?

Amazing!

Its interesting to find out the "Tradition" and the "norm" in other countries.

Nat

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

I was gonna say sorry for flashing all that but yes, I find it interesting too to read other traditions from other countries. I find weddings so much more organised in UK! In Romania, everyone is looking at my mum as if she's just come from Mars when she's telling them that I have venue booked, STDs printed etc a YEAR and 3 months in advance!

That mentality brought me some stressy moments as the few Romanians invited (my cousin in the pic and her husband, my best friend and her family - their daughter is supposed to be my junior BM etc) cannot tell me yet even indicatively if they're able to come as it's "too early" - I guess they don't know if they'll be able to afford to come over, and they're all amazed at how early everyone plans weddings in UK. Over there invites are sent about 6 weeks before the wedding! Girls start dress shopping about 3-4 months before the wedding unless they want a foreign dress in which case maybe 6 months (Maggie, Alfred Angelo etc).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics