Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner December 2014

Hula Hoop

WinterBride14, 9 of May of 2014 at 10:45 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 6

Hi

I'm contemplating getting a weighted hula hoop (from TK Maxx) as I've heard that its supposed to be good exercise & I would imagine, lots of fun.....has anyone used one / got one & what do you really think of them?

6 replies

Latest activity by kharv, 9 of May of 2014 at 15:59
  • Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure Kharv said she was using one to great effect.

Wouldn't be for me though, I haven't got the necessary coordination or flexibility to do the action!

• KittenCake
    Beginner May 2013
    KittenCake ·
    • Hide content

Sounds cool, I want one! I was always good at the hoola hoop game on wii, I hope that means I will be good at hoola hooping in real life!

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

As long as it isn't one of those massage ones, you'll be good to go.

I had one of the ones with the massage balls in and it was terrible - was absolutely covered in bruises.

I know Kharv said the same. She also said though that she bought another weighted one which didn't have the massage balls in and it's much better.

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

I can't hula-hoop to save my life, but believe it or not my Granny swore by it for keeping trim. She just used a normal kids toy one, and hula-hooped every day till she got sick (that's a different story) she was always really trim and I don't remember her dieting much or doing a lot of other exercise, so I guess it worked for her.

(She was also a bit bonkers and used to do a hand-stand against the wall every birthday just to prove she still could. She gave that one up when she broke her wrist doing it at the age of 69 and the doctor told her off!)

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

Ha...Yorkshire Kiwi...your gran sounds fab!

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

Yorkshire kiwi that story made me spit out my tea! ?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I have this one.

http://www.argos.co.uk/ProductDisplayTRK019?partNumber=9010967

I really like it. I've had a few weeks off as have been on hols and only used it for a couple of weeks before that, but I'm looking forward to getting back to it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics