Hi there!
My partner and I are not religious so looking to have a humanist wedding. Near where we used to live is a ruined church. It has a functional graveyard which to my knowledge is still in use.
I understand humanist weddings are not get legally recognised in England however I'm wondering if we are likely to encounter problems with this potential venue.
The church itself has no roof, is just the stone wall left behind. The tower of the church was preserved and has functional bells. Infrequent services are held at the church for special occasions, and people can be buried in the graveyard so I assume this is still sacred land. I don't know enough about churches to know if a non-religious ceremony would be permitted.
Any help gratefully received.
Post content has been hidden
To unblock this content, please click here
Related articles
Ceremony and Reception
Malta: Your Premier Destination For Your Wedding
Learn all about Malta, its rich history, its culture, and most importantly, its...
Ceremony and Reception
Celebrate your wedding at an Apartment Group Venue for FREE...
Enter for your chance to win an unforgettable wedding with Apartment Group, with...
Budget
How Much Does a Wedding Cost in 2026? Average UK Wedding Now...
Curious about how much the average wedding costs? We surveyed over 2,000 couples...