Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner April 2016

Hylands House Estate, Chelmsford

Soon2BeMrsG, 29 of July of 2015 at 12:59 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hello fellow B2Bs!

Has anyone booked (or know anyone that has) or thinking of booking Hylands House Estate for their wedding? If so, were you able to negotiate the hire price or get any little extras thrown in?

Thank you ?

9 replies

Latest activity by Daniel, 12 of September of 2023 at 21:17
  • Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We looked at Hylands and I absolutely loved it but it was too small for us in the end so we have booked with Creeksea Place.

i'm not sure about what you can get thrown in but we visited on an open day and they offered 5% off the venue hire if you booked within a week of the open day. They also let you provide your own drink for the welcome drinks and meal which will save you a fortune.

We haggled with Creeksea and ended up getting £1800 worth of things thrown in for free. I made sure I got quotes for similar places and produced them during the meeting! I also said I really wanted to book but it was over budget and if they could get it down by a thousand pounds or so the we would book. After some to and fro'ing were got the deal that we wanted.

Good luck! X

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    Soon2BeMrsG ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! That was really helpful. I don't suppose you visited Fennes as well? I am seeing it tomorrow X

• Becki85
    Beginner September 2017
    Becki85 ·
    • Hide content

I've seen Fennes, I didn't hate it but it wasn't for us. The house is too small. Much better than Quendon Hall though, which was a great disappointment.

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    Soon2BeMrsG ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh thanks for that Becki! We won't bother going to Quendon then. It is currently between Fennes and Hylands House. I like that Fennes has onsite accommodation, albeit not much, but it helps as H2B's family are coming from France. Where did you decide on?

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We've shot at both and each have their own selling points, so i'd advise visiting both and seeing what you prefer really as they are quite different when it comes down to it.

With Hylands, the grounds are still open to the public, so that's something to consider if you'd not yet thought about it. Not been a problem whilst shooting at all, it just means you may bump into the odd dog walker if you venture into the gardens for your couples photos. But it's worth it as the grounds are gorgeous. There's also accommodation locally, so I wouldn't anticipate that being a problem.

Fennes often do lots of last minute deals and offers for weekdays, so I would imagine they are up for negotiation to some degree.

• Becki85
    Beginner September 2017
    Becki85 ·
    • Hide content

We haven't decided anywhere yet. We went to see my number 1 Quendon Hall and was really really disappointed with it. So we then drove to my number 2 Fennes as they had an open day that day too. Decided it was too small. Had to have a think about the places I had already poopooed without seeing.
    Then a couple of days later decided we were going to buy a house first, wait a couple of months and start looking at venues again.

Should be moving any time soon so hopefully be back on wedding planning soon.
    God knows where we will do it, I don't really like anywhere.

• Andy_Magicman
    Andy_Magicman ·
    • Hide content

I've performed at all the venues mentioned and will be back at Hylands on this coming Sunday. Fennes is my favourite of the ones mentioned but you could also look at Smeetham Hall Barn or Essex Barn at The White Hart in Great Yeldham. They are also nice venues. I wouldn't rule out Quendon Hall as I've recently been booked for a wedding there and the couple said they chose it over Fennes so it just goes to show its all about personal preference.

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

You're welcome. I loved Hylands but as already mentioned, the grounds aren't private which put my OH off. It is very beautiful though.

I got a brochure for Fennes but didn't like the decor so didn't bother visiting it. Plus my ex got married there!!! I get bombarded with emails with offers from them now so I think they would definitely offer you a deal.

That's interesting about Quendon as I loved the look of it but they quoted us £19,200 for just hire, food and drink so I decided against going to view it!

Have you looked at Prested Hall? That was my second favourite. They have around 15 rooms above which are included in the price and extra rooms in the spa area.

x

• Daniel
    Beginner March 1979 East London
    Daniel ·
    • Hide content

Forest Knight : London Real Estate Investment Made Easy. Explore prime opportunities and expert guidance for successful property investments in London. Join us on the journey to financial prosperity.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics