3, Love divine all loves excelling

Thanks

4 replies

Latest activity by sapphire_22, 8 May, 2011 at 18:05
  • H
    Beginner
    hutchy12 ·
    • Hide content

We had Praise my soul the king of heaven at our wedding so I think that's a great choice ?. Personally, I don't like Give me joy in my heart, but I realise that is not a common view as a lot of people seem to like it. Love divine is a great hymn. In its favour, everybody knows it but we didn't use that one just because it is so common at weddings so we wanted to go for something a bit different. Not that we went for particularly bold choices (our other hymn was Soul of my saviour)...

• M
    Beginner August 2011
    MrsLove ·
    • Hide content

This is so bad but my Mum has sorted most of the hymns and the order of service that I have forgotten what hymns I am having, god I am such a bad bride haha!! I know we are having Love Divine, all loves excelling; and also The love I have for you my Lord (which was a song my Nan loved). Love Divine isn't a song I know particularly well by OH's parents had it at their wedding and it is a well known one. Think the offertry hymn is one I know but I can't remember it's name now! We are having a soloist singing The Love I have for you my Lord and Ave Maria during the communion and signing of the register. Have whatever hymns you want and I'm sure people will sing along!! ?

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

I like two of your three, but loathe "Give me joy in my heart". It seems to be the choice of so many wedding couples who can't remember anything else from their schooldays! As a chorister it comes up at around 40% of weddings! And causes a huge collective groan in the choir (and some "alternative" words too!)

Sorry....but you did ask!

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS! Can't sing GMJIMH without imagining the sound of schoolchildren shaking tambourines to it. Drives me crazy. But if you like it then doesn't matter what we think. I love your first choice. Always sounds great when there are a few deep-voiced men singing it to get a bit more power behind it. No idea what i'm doing about my hymns yet. It's on my list.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics