Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsParsons2b
Beginner May 2011

Hymns and Order of Service Sheets!? :)

MrsParsons2b, 21 March, 2011 at 16:43 Posted on Planning 0 8

Afternoon Wedding People!

Just wondering, for those of you getting married in a church, what hymns are you having?

We're thinking of:

• Be thou my vision
  • Lord of the dance
  • Morning has broken

Also, have you got any pictures of your OOS I could have a nosey at?

Cheers! Smiley smile

xxxxxxx

8 replies

Latest activity by AmnesiaCustard, 22 March, 2011 at 12:26
  • CardiffInvitations
    CardiffInvitations ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I had Colours of Day and Give me Joy in my heart.

Anna

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

We're having 'Lord of all hopefulness', 'We pledge to one another' and 'Jerusalem'.

Your church should be able to supply you with some examples. We're finalising ours at the moment.

• MrsBear2b
    Beginner August 2011
    MrsBear2b ·
    • Hide content

MrsParsons - our Priest vetoed Lord of the dance as he said it was too much of an Easter hymn. It's not a huge problem I don't think as long as you like it. Sorry just thought I'd give you a heads up in case yours says anything.

We're still trying to come up with a good list for ours. Not sure whether to go for popular hymns so that non church-goers will know the tunes or just for what we like. We're having a very small group of Catholic people compared to the number of guests we have in total so I'd hate it if not many would sing along. Think we may be having 'lord of all hopefulness' like you though CB.

• D
    Beginner July 2012
    donnarose08 ·
    • Hide content

We are thinking of having Lord of all Hopefulness, Guide me, O thou great redeemer and O Jesus I have promised.

I've attended church all my life so the right hymns are very important to me, these are favourites of mine.

• B
    Beginner April 2011
    bit ·
    • Hide content

Great is thy faithfulness and not sure about second one yet

• Kooks
    Beginner September 2011
    Kooks ·
    • Hide content

We're planning on having Jerusalem, I vow to thee my country and Shine Jesus shine - I love the last one!

• Pheonix
    Beginner August 2011
    Pheonix ·
    • Hide content

@Kooks - we're having Jerusalum and I vow to thee my country - - you're the only other person I've found using the latter! when I tell people they seem to think I'm a bit mad. The rev raised an eyebrow and asked if these hymns were right for the occassion, I said that we loved them both and they meant something to us which was important and he seemed to except that Smiley smile

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

We're having

Tell out my soul, the greatness of the Lord

Be Thou my vision (good choice!!)

O Praise ye the Lord (because I love the final verse with the organ fugue going on, and the massive AMEN at the end!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics