Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Davina
Beginner April 2021 Hertfordshire

Hype it up!

Davina, 24 of December of 2020 at 22:08 Posted on Planning 1 31
I'm getting married on April 2021 if covid allows!! There's really not any excitement right now because covid is making everyone upset Smiley sad what can I do to keeep and feel excited about my bid day!?

31 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 15:12
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married in April (less than 4 months to go)! I’m pushing ahead with plans and treating myself to new shoes. Nothing... not even covid will bring me down.
    Can’t wait to become a mrs ???
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Just focus on why you are getting married. Our wedding ended up looking nothing like the one we'd planned, but it was amazing because we got to say our 'forever yes' to each other!

• Davina
    Davina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you everyone!!
  • S
    Beginner May 2021 East Sussex
    Shaw2Be ·
    • Hide content

Aww i'm getting married in April 2021 too! Fingers crossed it all goes ahead as planned. Trying to stay positive Smiley star Smiley smile

• April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    What dates in April are you getting married? I’m waiting with baited breath to hear what Boris has to say ?
  • Mina
    Beginner August 2021 Berkshire
    Mina ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married in June 2021 and so busy with all the planning! Don't feel upset and like others said, stay focused on why you are getting married. it will be fine xx

• S
    Beginner May 2021 Hampshire
    Sara-Jade ·
    • Hide content
    I am getting married April 2021!! I can’t wait I just think of how our future will be, I get more excited when actually planning the wedding
  • Davina
    Davina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    10th April! What about you? Haha yes! I hope its somewhat better by next year April ?
  • April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    24th April! Bought my shoes today so am very excited! Keeping everything crossed we’ll have a great (restriction free) day ??????
  • S
    Shaw2Be ·
    • Hide content
    30th April! Everything’s pretty much sorted ?
    Fingers crossed ?? things will be ok.
  • Mrsa2021
    Dedicated June 2021 Cornwall
    Mrsa2021 ·
    • Hide content
    18th April here, also trying to stay as positive that I can that it will go ahead ? although we are literally only having immediate family so not a big one, having our wedding reception when things are back to some sort of normal
  • Davina
    Davina ·
    • Hide content
    Oh so exciting!!! Yes, I went from having 300 guests to now probably only 15 ?
    Quite a different vibe for an Indian wedding but its how I aways wanted it, having my nearest and dearest!

Really hoping guidelines become more lenient then so our weddings can go ahead!!
  • SunnyPurpleCakes85894
    Beginner April 2022
    SunnyPurpleCakes85894 ·
    • Hide content

23rd April was originally supposed to be 24th April last year. I can't get excited anymore more so because of the unknowns. Fingers crossed that with today's news we may be able to hopefully have more people etc. I've done a list based on both 15 and 30 at the moment. My original list over half won't be able to come as a lot of my family are in Australia so can't come over.

Fingers crossed for you that guidelines become more lenient.

• ExpensivePinkFlowers63608
    Savvy April 2021 Somerset
    ExpensivePinkFlowers63608 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

18th April here too! Was supposed to be 19th April 2020. Vaguely pondering whether or not we should push it back to May.

• April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know that feeling I’m of Nigerian descent and my OH is Indian/Scottish so we were supposed to have a very large wedding but only really wanted max 60.
    We are hopeful restrictions will lift to accommodate the 60 but would be happy with 30-40. Fingers crossed
  • April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    Fingers crossed for all of us.
  • Mrsa2021
    Mrsa2021 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hope it can go ahead in April ? just all so unknown it's hard to know what to do for the best anymore.
  • Amy
    Beginner October 2021 Tyne & Wear
    Amy ·
    • Hide content
    Hi all
    We were due to get married May 15th 2020 and have changed it to May 28 2020, everything is booked for 65 people and for 150 on night. I’ve made a new list of 15 people, I come from a big family, where normally there is 13 around my mamS for Christmas lunch. Not including my partner’s family. 30 would work, still not everyone that I would like to be there, I’ve been planning our wedding for 2 years, it’s sad to think that We won’t be having the wedding that we first planned of having, Covid has took the excitement away and who knows what will happen in 6 months.
    Plus I broke my ankle 3 months ago and can’t even fit into my beautiful wedding shoes, and I can’t even buy the next size up as they don’t make that style anymore, my florist went bust, luckily she pinpointed us a new one. I know that when this is over with we will have some sort of celebration but really it’s not going to be the same is it, looking back on other weddings we have attended in the past years. I’m sorry for being negative I m just worried we will have to change the date again. I’m taking things day by day and planning it as if it will happen xx
  • S
    Shaw2Be ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha I totally understand Smiley shame I'm starting to think our original 70 guests could now be out of the window! I can settle for 15 people - I think as long as we get to keep our original date, have our nearest and dearest there, we'll be happy Smiley love

• Mrsa2021
    Mrsa2021 ·
    • Hide content
    How are we all feeling? I am trying not to stress but the closer it gets and the fact this lockdown has no end in sight isn't helping ?
  • April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m beyond stressed and a tad deflated that all the hype I put into others weddings isn’t being given to me because of all the restrictions/concern weddings won’t be able to take place.

To calm all these feelings we’re pushing ahead with plans - wedding bands being made (missing my ER!), wedding shoes ordered (waiting for them to be dyed). The only thing we need is a suit for my fiancé but as he is due to wear a charcoal suit worst come to worst he’ll wear one of his grey suits. If restrictions are lifted we are getting married (legally at least) in April- all other things can be done later. Imagining these times like the war, push forward and live your life.
  • Mrsa2021
    Mrsa2021 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah no one talks to me about our wedding, literally the only person who does is my mum (and fiancé), feel like I can't vent about it as everyone has things going on at the moment.

You are definitely doing the right thing, we are also planning things like it will happen (putting positive vibes into the universe) but we did say the other day even if it ends up just being the two of us we will still just do the ceremony (if we can travel to Cornwall that is...) and have a massive celebration when possible.
    Keeping everything crossed for us all ?
  • April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    ????????
  • M
    Beginner April 2021 Cheshire
    Mrswtobe ·
    • Hide content
    It’s been so nice coming across this thread. Me and my partner are booked for 17th April.
    We have reduced numbers to 15 and our suppliers have been amazing.
    I’m starting to worry now that the Gov’t won’t lift restrictions enough by April. It’s helpful knowing others are going through the same.
  • T
    Dedicated September 2021 East Central London
    Theorganisedbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Totally! No one else really seems to realise how stressful and mentally draining the uncertainty etc is. Same as you, we’re planning as if it will happen but at the same time being realistic and agreeing we’d be happy to just get married on the original date and have the big celebration next year!
  • Davina
    Davina ·
    • Hide content

Hope everything is going well for everyone!

My wedding is 2 days before the restrictions are lifted properly! Tried to postpone, but couldn't. But we are happy to just go ahead with April 10th with 6 of us and start our new life together! Celebrate properly next year with friends and family! Smiley laugh

• Mrsa2021
    Mrsa2021 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hope you have an amazing day! We had to postpone as the hotel is closed so are now 6th June ?
  • E
    Beginner April 2021 Bedfordshire
    Emc ·
    • Hide content

How are you all fairing with your weddings now? We were booked for April 24th after moving it from 2019. We cancelled it in February as we had just fallen out of love with the entire idea of a our wedding venue if it would only allow 15 people when we had booked for 80 for the reception. We couldn't justify spending the same amount of money on the venue regardless of the guest numbers, and they were being very unhelpful honestly.

Only my bride's family would be able to attend most of mine are abroad. We were chasing to get a new Notice to Wed annouced as it would be 53 weeks since we gave notice last time, but they aren't repsonding to new requests yet as they are still struggling to register deaths. We have friends with 6 month old babies that haven't been able to register their births yet.

It now looks like all weddings outside of religious venues or public buildings will need to be cancelled and won't be able to go ahead until May now: https://ukweddings.org/updates/statement-16-03-21

• April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    After the initial roadmap announcement we postponed until July in that hope all restrictions would be lifted but at a minimum we could have smaller numbers in a non socially distant/covid environment.

My heart goes out to all of the couples impacted.
  • M
    Beginner April 2021 Cheshire
    Mrswtobe ·
    • Hide content
    We are still going ahead with our day in April. Luckily our venue is classed as completely outdoors and are going ahead as normal. We are having a day with 15 of us and are contemplating a party on our 1st wedding anniversary next year.
    I’m so excited now just hoping for no more surprise restrictions. Is anyone else still going ahead in April. Would love to know how you are getting on?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics