Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chicken
Beginner October 2003

I can feel myself getting fatter

Chicken, 11 of September of 2008 at 14:28 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 26

I've 'been good' recently but it's all gone to pot today. I'm moody and food is my friend when I'm moody. Until I've eaten that is.

I've had a ham and cheese bagel, bag of crisps, rice and beef mandang in a takeaway pot and two fingers of (solid chocolate - woo hoo) kit kat.

26 replies

Latest activity by spinster chick, 11 of September of 2008 at 17:10
  • Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content

Well stop now and have something light for dinner tonight. You'll be even more moody when your trousers are tight in the morning. I know because I was there at the weekend but it didn't help that I tumble dried my jeans.

• Clare _ M
    Beginner July 2007
    Clare _ M ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great find!!!! I haven't had one of those since I was a kid.

Don't worry about a bad day - you might as well take advantage of it now and go the whole hog!!

• HeidiHole
    Beginner October 2003
    HeidiHole ·
    • Hide content

I hate it when that happens, write today off and get back on the wagon tomorrow. You won't have done any damage in one day. ?

• Chicken
    Beginner October 2003
    Chicken ·
    • Hide content

Light dinner definitely. The gorging on food stops here.

Why is it so exciting to get solid chocolate kit kats? I could just buy a dairy milk or something ?

• Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content

Was it a rogue one or do they do solid ones now? I had a dairy milk the other day, it was lovely.

• MD
    Beginner
    MD ·
    • Hide content

I've got nothing of any interest in the house so have just eaten some peanut butter out of the jar and a bit of cheese.

Pants

• Clare _ M
    Beginner July 2007
    Clare _ M ·
    • Hide content

No idea, they just are! ?

Sun - they're rouge ones. Very rare!!

• LouM
    Beginner August 2007
    LouM ·
    • Hide content

I'm a weirdo (hey, why don't I tell you something you don't know already ?) because I sent a solid choc 4 fingerer back to nestle only last week (er, it was actually only two partially nibbled fingers I sent back- I had to check they were all solid ?) . If i wanted solid I'd have got a yorkie, hmph. (I did actually say this in my letter ?).

If you're feeling poo you may as well continue munching and for god's sake enjoy your food- no point feeling guilty about it, that won't make it any less calorific. Then have a fresh start tomorrow, when I hope you're feeling brighter. ?

• Chicken
    Beginner October 2003
    Chicken ·
    • Hide content

Aww! ?

I can't believe you sent a half nibbled kit kat back. ? I used to work for a supermarket's customer service department. I hated the half chewed food complaints. Let me know what they say.

• G
    Beginner September 2005
    Gingey Wife ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This just brought back bad memories for me. I got one when I younger. I told my mum as i was excited and she said "as if you werent fat enough!" [:'(]

• LouM
    Beginner August 2007
    LouM ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's horrid- parents sometimes don't realise how damaging their words can be. I take it you've lost weight since being a child, as you're certainly not fat now.

• G
    Beginner September 2005
    Gingey Wife ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've always been overweight but tbh I dont think I was "fat" then.

• Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

what a horrid thing to say. My dad keeps calling MissSun fatty, I ignored it until she said to me the other day 'ay fatty' and then he got told off and asked not to say it again. I don't want my little girl getting a complex, she's not fat anyway. I also don't want her being the kind of child that says it to others.

LouM, you hoping to get some free choc by any chance? lol!

• Mrs Magic
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Magic ·
    • Hide content

Ahh, big ? to anyone feeling a bit fragile about food today.

Healthy eating is hard and I hate how we punish ourselves for slip ups. I'm finding it particularly difficult as after about 2 years of steadiness, I'm putting on weight again ? but still reach for the wrong choices.

My breakfast was good (bowl of fruit) but lunch was nutella on bread (albeit low gi bread) followed by a packet of both quavers and skips. ?

I'm currently dreaming of afternoon tea with gingey in londinium.?

• G
    Beginner September 2005
    Gingey Wife ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nutella is good for you. Haven't you seen the advert...A whole 2 hazelnuts! ?

• SJesus13
    Beginner July 2003
    SJesus13 ·
    • Hide content

S H I T happens, and I don't think you should self flagellate for one bad day (unless you enjoy it). Try and have something lighter for dinner, get back on the wagon tomorrow, and put it into the context of hoever long you've been good for.

I miss silver foil on kit kats. I used to love running my nail down the grooves. I miss having nails too. <sob>

PMSL at Lou - did you get anything back?

• Mrs Magic
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Magic ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Because mums worry about their children eating the right things. ?

• P
    Beginner May 2005
    Pint&APie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I find the best way to increase the nut quotient is to mix the Nutella with crunchy peanut butter.

• LouM
    Beginner August 2007
    LouM ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nothing yet Jesu. I expect a tanker of formula milk to pull up my driveway any day now. ?

• Mrs Magic
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Magic ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? Lovely Lou, you are on form today! ?

• Mrs Magic
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Magic ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Eugh!

• Smint
    Beginner June 2007
    Smint ·
    • Hide content

Your avatar isn't really helping today, Mrs Magic! ?

I've only just had lunch ☹️

• Mrs Magic
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Magic ·
    • Hide content

Saw-reeeeee!

• Mrs Winkle
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Winkle ·
    • Hide content

I am in weird jetlag eating mode. I had toast and marmite for breakfast at about 10.30am, and I've had a packet of Smiths Square Crisps and a Mars Bar at 3.30pm. I ate so much in NYC that I'm surprised my clothes still fit. And I haven't done any exercise other than walking lots. Oh well. Start again tomorrow - Mr W has been out and bought stuff to make a nice healthy salad for dinner tomorrow night.

• Zebra
    Beginner
    Zebra ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What happened to your nails?!

I miss you!

• Zebra
    Beginner
    Zebra ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What happened to your nails?!

I miss you!

• S
    spinster chick ·
    • Hide content

I too have eaten nothing but crapola today in fact I can't even list it it is embarassing, even MrSC who can eat constantly said are we snacking again??

I am now heavier than I have ever been and I think I have put in a stone and half in 8 weeks.... now that ain't baybeh is it, its only 6.5 cm... ha ha

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics