Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Bristol

i can’t find a venue

Erin, 8 of September of 2022 at 11:06 Posted on Planning 0 3
I’ve been to view 7/8 venues now and I’ve never felt that, “this is one” feeling. I’ve had a really bad experience with Tortworth court. I’m Bristol based and just feel like there’s nothing around. It’s becoming overwhelming!!

3 replies

Latest activity by Katy, 8 of September of 2022 at 16:40
  • K
    Beginner June 2024 Cumbria
    Katy ·
    • Hide content

Honestly I felt like that too, I didn't visit that many in person but honestly must have looked at over 50 online and spoke to tonss, experiences varied so much in terms of just being a number to them. I fell in love with our venue the minute I stepped inside - the people really made it and couldn't do enough from the first phone call. You will honestly find somewhere, I'd recommend looking at places which are family owned or smaller chains as that seems to make a difference!

• E
    Bristol
    Erin ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think that’s more what I’m looking for, I feel like with these chains tell think they can tell you what you will have rather than building what you would like. I have a viewing tomorrow and honestly if it’s not a fit I’ll just maybe I’ll just leave it to 2024
  • K
    Beginner June 2024 Cumbria
    Katy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I completely felt the same, even down to things like "no you can't do that as we'll have another wedding" the day before and after. The venue we've chosen is a hotel which wasn't what I was looking for, I was looking for a barn, but they're so lovely and are only a really small chain. Have a look at some things that you like but wouldn't necessarily be your "ideal" in your head as once you find the right place, your picture of the ideal completely changes... or it did for me. We aren't getting married until 2024 due to the availability of our venue but the extra year doesn't matter as its absolutely the venue we want. I looked for 18 months before I found it so honestly don't lose hope Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics