Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nicola
Curious October 2022 Kent

i don’t like my hair trial …

Nicola, 19 of March of 2022 at 17:27 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 6
I’ve had 2 hair trials with someone and I just don’t like it ☹️ I feel like I need to find a new hairdresser, but I don’t know what to say to my current one. She’s so lovely!

6 replies

Latest activity by Pinkcoffee22, 1 of April of 2022 at 08:39
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    Eek! That’s tough. I think it’s best to just be honest and say that it’s not what you were hoping for. What did you say after the first trial? Also, (just to play devil’s advocate) are you asking for something that your hair will do? E.g. I know that my hair does not hold curls. Never has, regardless of what various professionals have tried over many years! So I’m avoiding curls…!
  • Nicola
    Nicola ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah the first trial didn’t go well at all and she admitted that too (she didn’t let me pay for it). And then the second one she was happy with, wasn’t sure until I kept looking at it when I got home and I didn’t like it. We’ve tried different styles but I just don’t think it’s right
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

What don't you like about it? Is it worth asking her for a new style?

If not, then I would find the person you do want to book and then ring the old one and say you're really sorry but you've found someone who does a look you prefer so you are booking them instead. Wedding professionals are used to the idea that not everyone likes their style, so don't be embarrassed to say so.

• Nicola
    Nicola ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, I need to just not be a wimp 😂
  • Littlemy
    Dedicated April 2022 Kent
    Littlemy ·
    • Hide content
    Have a clear style in your head how you want to look as a bride and then scour Instagram for someone who does that look well. Thats how I found mine and she is amazing but might not be to everyone's taste.
    There are some many hair and make up artists out there its just finding one for you.
  • Pinkcoffee22
    Dedicated April 2022 Staffordshire
    Pinkcoffee22 ·
    • Hide content
    I had this same issue with a makeup artist I had a trial with, so I completely relate. I worked myself up into a ball of anxiety about telling her I didn’t want to proceed as she is sooo lovely.

It was all fine, however. She understood and had even had a sense I didn’t feel like myself in the makeup.
    I would say just be honest and tell her you just aren’t feeling it… I’m sure she’ll understand and it won’t be anywhere near as difficult as you might expect xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics