Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gabrielle
Beginner September 2024 East Sussex

i don't want a really long wedding dress! i can only find the long ones with ultra long trails... Can anyone help? i am also on a budget... Thanks, Ga

Gabrielle, 3 of February of 2024 at 14:52 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 9

I don't want a really long wedding dress! I can only find the long ones with ultra long trails... Can anyone help? I am also on a budget... Thanks, Gabrielle

9 replies

Latest activity by James, 8 of February of 2024 at 09:59
  • Leanne
    Savvy June 2024 Staffordshire
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Gabrielle . So do you want tea length ? Or do you mean floor length ? If want floor length then look for sheath / column fits . I don’t know your budget but lots of boutiques have ex samples where you can save loads , hundred even . I’d also say be open minded to styles you may fall in love with something that wasn’t what you initially wanted . Seamstresses are able to pretty much do anything so if everything was right but you didn’t want a train they could remove that for you . Still white , eBay and Vinted have dresses for sale if you wouldn’t mind second hand . I bought one off Vinted for my evening that retails at £599 at wed2b ( a tea length ) for £40 this week . And it’s in perfect condition . I do suggest sticking to your budget regardless , lots of lovely bargains out there to be found . I paid just under £800 for my main dress from a boutique that retails at just under £3000 , I had a budget too and wasn’t prepared to exceed it . Lots buy off JJs house , if you go down the online route just double check measurements against their size chart , and although alterations can be made , it’s generally easier to take in than let out . xx
  • Gabrielle
    Gabrielle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your message, I really appreciate it ☺️
  • Leanne
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    i don't want a really long wedding dress! i can only find the long ones with ultra long trails... Can anyone help? i am also on a budget... Thanks, Ga 1

i don't want a really long wedding dress! i can only find the long ones with ultra long trails... Can anyone help? i am also on a budget... Thanks, Ga 2

i don't want a really long wedding dress! i can only find the long ones with ultra long trails... Can anyone help? i am also on a budget... Thanks, Ga 3
    This is the exact dress I’ve just paid £40 for off Vinted . Xx
  • Gabrielle
    Gabrielle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    i don't want a really long wedding dress! i can only find the long ones with ultra long trails... Can anyone help? i am also on a budget... Thanks, Ga 4
    This, but with an additional lace bolero long sleeve accessory
  • Leanne
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my that is so pretty 😍 , so you want to look for what’s called a “ high low “ style wedding dress . Browse around and see if you see any inspo or stockist on line . You could search for ivory/white high low dress , sometimes not putting the “ wedding “ in saves lots . Try sexyher , look at prom and cocktail dresses . They can make in pretty much any colour and you can go to their store too but it’s in Croydon . My mum bought bridesmaids dresses from them a while back and they was good quality dresses . A dress maker might be able to make you one . My daughters prom dress was a high low that I had custom made for her in duchess satin and it cost less than others and allowed her to get what she wanted xx
  • Gabrielle
    Gabrielle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the advice ☺️
  • Leanne
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    i don't want a really long wedding dress! i can only find the long ones with ultra long trails... Can anyone help? i am also on a budget... Thanks, Ga 5
    My daughter’s prom dress , I know it’s not the same but it’s a high low design . That she came up with herself . I paid £180 back in 2018 for this could have been made cheaper with an imitation satin , but I chosen duchess satin xx
  • Leanne
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    i don't want a really long wedding dress! i can only find the long ones with ultra long trails... Can anyone help? i am also on a budget... Thanks, Ga 6
    The back of it , she did choose to have quite a full look ( sticky out ) and corest back xx
  • Gabrielle
    Gabrielle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's gorgeous 😍... I like the sticky out look and the low- back

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics