Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

I feel a nervous breakdown coming...

18 April, 2013 at 11:31 Posted on Planning 0 17

So our venue has been messing us about...ALOT, the events manager has left TWO weeks ago and we didnt get told until I rang up asking why noone was responding to our emails, we now have to find a new venue!!!

The wedding is 6 1/2 months away and I think I am going to have a nervous breakdown, I am so angry but mainly upset as the venue is perfect its just the people that oiwn and run it.

We now have to save an extra £1500 on top of the £1400 we needed for the otherone as the new venues we have been looking at are more expensive. How are we going to get £1500 extra?? I took a part time job (on top of my full time job) to pay for the wedding but it justs seems to be getting more and more expensive because of the other venue.

We would prospone the wedding but the honeymoon is paid for, plus all the prices go up next year which will make it more expensive in the long run if we prosponed it ?

17 replies

Latest activity by bex_boo, 22 April, 2013 at 15:53
  • Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Didn't want to read and run.

I know it's not ideal, but you can get 0% credit cards for £1,500. Have you considered this?

• Snyffa
    Beginner October 2013
    Snyffa ·
    • Hide content

Hello lovely, Where were you getting Married, Im a norfolk suffolk girl, Maybe I can help you out with some ideas

x

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried to haggle or enquire directly with venues (or just been looking on websites??)

Considering the time between now and your wedding you may be able to haggle a last min wedding deal.

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

I don't know if I'm missing something here but why if the events manager has left do you need to find a new venue? It's not like they've stopped doing weddings so surely you can still get married there?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Have you already cancelled the venue?

I'm just wondering if it would be better to arrange a meeting with the new coordinator and see how you feel after that? I know you say it's easier to change but it doesn't really sound it when you've got to magic up £1500 from somewhere.

I wouldn't have thought taking two weeks to inform you is that bad - wedding coordinators at venues are notoriously fluid. They tend to move on quite regularly.

• Snyffa
    Beginner October 2013
    Snyffa ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow we are really close Smiley laugh I'm lowestoft, I'm getting Married just outside of Bungay tho.

How many guests are you hoping to accommodate and how much are you looking to spend? Where were you origionally getting Married?

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

I agree with Kharv that 2 weeks to be told really isn't that bad. Although our own weddings mean the world to us, to venues they are just one of many many bookings.

They were probably trying to hire a new coordinator etc with the least disturbance to their bookings, if they started ringing everyone and telling them their coordinator had left everyone would panic wouldn't they.

I know you are concerned but I think this situation can still easily be salvaged, I'm assuming they are going to be trying to replace the coordinator, so maybe just hold off and wait until you can meet them? Do you need to speak to them about anything considering your wedding is 6.5 months away still?

I know it seems like the end of the world now, but sometimes new staff can mean good things! :-)

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

I know what it feels like to lose trust in a supplier / venue.

If you don't feel comfortable staying there and you can get all your money back then for your own peace of mind, perhaps you are better going elsewhere.

I know £1,500 is a lot but in the grand scheme of things....... it might be worth it.

• Snyffa
    Beginner October 2013
    Snyffa ·
    • Hide content

There is an enormous amount of venues open to you tbh Did you want a hotel because of cost? North walsham is a little way away from caister so its clear your happy to travel.

Have you looked at
    High lodge Darhsham
    Hotel Victoria Lowestoft
    Wherry hotel brown boat suit Lowestoft
    Caister Old Hall hotel
    Parkhill Hotel oulton

x

• Aardvark
    Beginner January 2012
    Aardvark ·
    • Hide content

I stayed in Gorleston last year for a couple of days in this hotel that was undergoing refurbishment. Is it a possible option? They have an amazing terrace overlooking the sea.

http://www.thecliffhotel.co.uk/events/weddings/

• bex_boo
    Beginner August 2014
    bex_boo ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like it's been a stressful time for you, poor thing, that's really horrible to feel that way.

To raise a little extra cash have you thought about selling some bits and bobs on eBay. It odes add up, and every penny helps. Also have a think about checking you've not been over paying tax etc. That Martin money guy has a website that has loads of tips for making a little extra cash, might be worth having a look and seeing if any apply. I used to be a Paramedic and got about £200 back from Uniform tax. Don't know if you have to wear a uniform to work, but have a look at his website, it really is helpful.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics