Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amelia
Beginner October 2023 Buckinghamshire

i found the dress!

Amelia, 7 of November of 2022 at 11:43 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 4

I need to share this somewhere as I'm happy, excited and nervous about the idea... but I found my dress!!!!

I went to try some dresses on for the second time on Saturday at a sale type shop and tried one dress on that they had and it was just perfect. I wasn't thinking I'd find the dress after just two shops but I guess I did.

I've decided not to tell people that I said 'yes' to a dress as for me finding a dress is a weird feeling as I didn't think I'd find anything, but I actually really enjoyed it.

But anyway my question is at what point do I need to start looking at dress alterations? I'm getting married end of Sept 2023.
Also at what point to I do start looking for a veil?

4 replies

Latest activity by Melanie, 21 of November of 2022 at 03:04
  • Km86
    Dedicated December 2022 North Yorkshire
    Km86 ·
    • Hide content

Dress alterations probably 2 months before hand (but source someone to do it before then)

veil, whenever you like

I found my dress in the 2nd shop too, I don't think you have to try hundreds on

• Amelia
    Beginner October 2023 Buckinghamshire
    Amelia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! Super useful to know that it's around 2 months. Will definitely find one beforehand though.

• Lex
    Dedicated July 2023 West Yorkshire
    Lex ·
    • Hide content
    I‘m a July 2023 bride and said “yes to the dress” in May this year- It’s just been delivered! My shop advised to start looking at alterations no less than 12 weeks before - I got my veil and shoes a few months ago and tried it all on together with my dress at the weekend
  • Melanie
    Dedicated September 2025 Kent
    Melanie ·
    • Hide content

Im a Sept 2025 bride and I found my dress in the first shop I went to - to be fair my mum and lady who helped us made me try on 15 dresses of all different types.

I was told to start alterations 3 months before the wedding and then another appointment just before the wedding.

I got my shoes last month and boots (I'm much more comfortable in boots over anything but I have shoes for the ceremony and photos) My veil is my mothers, its a plain veil with small gems around the lining. I'm putting it all together in January to see what I think of the look. And I'm taking white cycle shorts to the next fitting to see if I can get away with it - I'd much rather be comfortable, not risking chub rub Smiley xd

I'm so happy you found your dream dress, it's an exciting feeling x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics