Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beginner March 2015

I get married in 5 DAYS!!! Any last advice???

*CrazyCatLady*, 9 of March of 2015 at 16:47 Posted on Planning 0 33

I can't believe it's finally here!! The week I thought would never come and now I can't believe how quickly it has!!!

I now feel overwhelmed with how much there is to do and like I'm going to forget something really important. Has anyone got any last minute advice? Eek!!!

33 replies

Latest activity by KJHLee, 14 of March of 2015 at 22:39
  • miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Enjoy it!!!! best advice you can be given!

things will go wrong and it's unlikely you'll even be told about them- you'll find out long after the day is over, so relax as best you can and soak up the wonderful day! good luck! xxx

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Relax and enjoy your last few days. Things may get forgotten, but probably nothing important ?

Write nice little lists and attempt to stick to them, but don't let yourself get stressed if you can't.

Enlist as many helpers as you need for all those last minute jobs.

Don't panic!

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Whoooo! Relax, stay calm & enjoy every second. Can't wait to see your pictures!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Deffo enjoy it. Only stress is if you, the groom or the registrar/vicar/priest/officiant can't make it. Everything else is a bonus. That's how I'm looking at it all Smiley smile

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Yay! Best advice is definitely try and relax, and enjoy it! These last few days are just for sorting the last couple of bits, enjoy the time together, and with your family/bridesmaids etc if you get the chance. Make a list or 2 if you need one (I did!) but stay calm and have fun :-)

• W
    Beginner January 1999
    Wifey-Woo ·
    • Hide content

Enjoy it! Do something fun the day before, don't spend it fretting. Go for a nice meal with family the night before too. That was a lovely highlight for me. I spent the days before hanging out with my closest friends having lunch and shopping/ sightseeing (they were over visiting from Japan) Smiley smile . It stopped things getting stressful

• G
    Beginner March 2015
    gembluetopaz ·
    • Hide content

Hello date twin, I can't believe its almost here either. I was sat at work thinking 'I can't do normal work stuff I'm getting married this week' luckily I'm only working tomorrow then im off until the following Thursday. I have spent all day emailing suppliers to confirm there are no problems. Had a drama Saturday when we went to get the suits and found they had ordered the wrong pattern waistcoat so now have to wait till Wednesday to pick them up but if that's the worst thing to happen this week i might just survive until the wedding.

Gem

• R
    Beginner December 2014
    rambosmum ·
    • Hide content

Make sure you absolutely and definitely want to do it and when you realise you do just relax and enjoy it - don't worry about the little things.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

My main piece of advice is to try and have some time alone with your H, even if just 5 mins.

Next piece of advice would be to try to get round to have a chat with everyone who comes, especially close friends. I got sidetracked by someone at my wedding who, because I didn't want to be rude, talked to me for ages and ages about absolute nonsense and now I wish I'd told him I had to go and mingle more as I feel like I missed out on some quality time with close friends.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Oh yeah, and let it go!

Things went 'wrong' on the day, weren't as I hoped or didn't get put out (I had no cake toppers even though I had two sets, one for cheese tower and one for cake for example) but it didn't matter. No one will guess that wasn't how it was meant to be so don't fret over it.

• BubbleBees
    Beginner August 2015
    BubbleBees ·
    • Hide content

How exciting! No advice as I'm not even that close yet, but enjoy your day!

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

Enjoy every minute, my big day felt like a blur, I couldn't remember what people were saying when we had just said our vows, good luck and have an amazing day, come back with lots of pics x

• M
    Beginner June 2015
    MRSLUXTON2B ·
    • Hide content

Omg you must so excited!! Just enjoy and embrace every moment!! Have a lovely day!

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

Have a fantastic day. Enjoy every moment. Remember to speak to everyone. Get practising "thank you for coming". Wave at people as you go down the aisle - maybe that was just me!

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

Only to say don't forget to come back and give us all a big flash!

• Anna Zofka Photography
    Anna Zofka Photography ·
    • Hide content

Like everyone else said - relax, take a step back and enjoy the day ?

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsMtobe2016 ·
    • Hide content

Best of luck!

Try to relax and enjoy yourself.

Excited for you Smiley smile

xx

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

The best bit of advice I can give is based on 100s of weddings about what I see in the morning ---- take off all of those labels and price tags from dresses, shoes, jewelery, take your new wedding perfume out of the cellophane and its box, you are going to be late - hot, maybe a little stressed and the last thing you want is to have to fiddle around with bits of knotted string in the wedding morning so take all those tags off now.

Also on the morning don't leave the flowers in the water that they came in until you need them as you will then spend time trying to stop water dripping on your dress so take them out earlier and dry them off, an extra 15 mins out of water will not hurt them.

Make sure you have on hand scissors, needle and thread, and allow twice as long as you think to do up the back of your dress, the person doing it may well of had a practice but this time they have had their nails done and its for real, and the pressure will be on.

Don't go into a panic when the car arrives at 1.30 when he was not expected to be there until 2.00, hes just being safe.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

All brilliant advice from Bill! Especially this bit. I was actually early to my wedding as the car had arrived early and we rushed to get out, don't do that!

• lolapickle
    Beginner March 2015
    lolapickle ·
    • Hide content

Hi date twin!! (Triplet inc Gem!)

This is all amazing advice, thank you everyone. Anyone have tips for not crying?! I feel like I'm going to be so emotional that I wont get my vows out!

4 DAYS!

xx

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I do know that waving your hands in front of your face doesn't help ?

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Haha, nope! The minute I saw him I started to cry! I just about managed to make my vows strong enough to hear! I think if you're a crier then go with it, it's an emotional day! Just warn your MUA Smiley smile

• A
    Beginner April 2015
    AprilBride15 ·
    • Hide content

Can only say what others have said - enjoy it!

Don't forget to flash us all!

good luck

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Have an amazing time, it will go quick and you want ot make sure you savour every minute of it.l Make sure you have briefed you photographer on what shots you want -a few of my friends didn't do this and one has no pictures with her and her father. Yeah the car thing usually happens!

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Have an amazing time, it will go quick and you want to make sure you savour every minute of it.l Make sure you have briefed you photographer on what shots you want -a few of my friends didn't do this and one has no pictures with her and her father. Yeah the car thing usually happens!

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

No real advice, just enjoy the day and make sure you spend a bit of time with your OH - you will get pulled in different directions!

Beginner March 2015
    *CrazyCatLady* ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone Smiley laugh I'm so excited!! xx

• J
    Beginner April 2013
    JanetJones ·
    • Hide content

I have some real advice. If you are staying at the venue overnight, don't forget to pay extra attention to the "overnight" bag - especially if your dress has a built in bra.

I was so het up about remembering everything for the big day, I forgot about the day after and ended up coming down to breakfast looking like I had been dragged through a hedge backwards.

I forgot a bra, socks, a different pair of shoes, a hairbrush, straighteners, pants for the old man, socks for the old man. I looked ridiculous in a pair of jeans matched with wedding shoes.

Also, remember that you will have to take an awful lot of stuff home from the venue - my husband parked the car miles away and we had to carry all the gifts, cases, CAKE and flowers and everything in our hands back to the car.

One last bit of advice - take one moment to step back away from everyone, take in the scene. My day went so fast I was so glad I took that one minute to just drink the whole thing in - everyone having a great time, dancing, chatting to people they had never met themselves - random aunties totally shitfaced... oh how we laughed...

Mostly though, have great fun.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Time will disappear rapidly on the day, so start as early as possible to avoid stress later. It is customary for the bride to be late for her husband......This custom doesn't apply to the photographer, so be ready for when they arrive or you may lose out on some shots you would have liked taken......

Don't forget your bouquet...many brides do......(inc mine)

Relax and be prepared for the vortex that will be the day.....

Peter

• I
    Beginner August 2014
    Iona1651 ·
    • Hide content

Enjoy your day as it goes by so fast!

Are you having a video on your day? I was so sure I didn't want a video as I'd be too self conscious (as well as the extra cost). However, my lovely brother bought a cheap video camera and got some footage of our day. He gave us the video recorder as a wedding present. We now have about 25 minutes of little bits of our day - lovely! xx

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Well it's your day - hope you're having a wonderful time and that you enjoy every minute

xx

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

Have a great day Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics