Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner June 2014

I get married in 6 days!!

goingtobemrsmatthews, 15 of June of 2014 at 21:44 Posted on Planning 0 8

Gosh i can't believe how fast the time has gone, everyone says when you announce your getting married "ooo it will come round quick!" but with 9 months to go i didnt really believe them!

Just wondered does anyone actually get any sleep the night before?!..im worried its going to be like christmas eve..

8 replies

Latest activity by nemi, 16 of June of 2014 at 21:19
  • C
    Beginner
    cw2b ·
    • Hide content

How exciting! No tips on sleeping though!

• emabee
    Beginner August 2014
    emabee ·
    • Hide content

Aah how exciting!

Im worried about sleeping the night before too. Just get all the last minute bits done well in advance and leave yourself plenty of time to relax the day before. Have a hot bath and a herbal tea or some Nytol before you go to bed? I've booked myself in for a 90 minute full body massage the evening before my wedding x

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

Snap - I have 6 days left too and agree completely with how fast it comes around! I'm planning on lots of long soaks in the bath (if I can find the time) and plenty of early nights. Good luck for Saturday - hope that you have a fabulous day! ?

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

The night before my first wedding I'd been so busy running around collecting stuff and dropping things off at the venue that at 11pm I was just getting in the shower to wash my hair! (My hairdresser told me off for that - she said my hair was too clean and so harder to style.) It must have worn me out, though, as I got about 7 hours sleep and woke up naturally far earlier than I ever normally manage.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

How exciting! I'm a little while off yet but it's still flying by!

• G
    Beginner June 2014
    goingtobemrsmatthews ·
    • Hide content

Ah what time are you getting married Trish?... well we have ALOT to do on the friday so hopefully i will be worn out and sleep!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mazza32 ·
    • Hide content

How exciting! I'm sure those six days are going too fly by even quicker, I don't think I will be able too sleep too. All the best for this week ? Xx

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our ceremony is at 1:30 - how about you? I know what you mean about having loads to do - I thought I was so completely organised but have found loads to do this last week or so! I have loads of appointments on Thursday and more on Friday morning, then we're going to the venue on Friday afternoon to put out the finishing touches and have a meal as there are 11 of us staying over the night before. It's getting exciting now but in some ways I don't think it will feel real until I finish work on Wednesday! ?

• N
    Beginner June 2014
    nemi ·
    • Hide content

I hardly slept the night before, but somehow I was still full of energy on the day. I', sure it will be fine and good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics