Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2013

I getting married at Riu Tequila Mexico this year?

stephanievdmeer, 29 of October of 2012 at 15:51 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 1

Hi ladies,

I am getting married at the Riu Tquila mexico 3rd May 2013. Is there anyone that has recently had their wedding their? or is having their wedding their anytime soon? I am in contact with the Wedding coordinator about all arrangement, but i find it really hard to decide on certain thing as i have no idea what it looks like...

how does the basic decoration look like for the ceremony? what kind of chairs do they use? do i need to order more flowers or is the basic decor enough? the dinner location in La lupita.. what does it look like in there? do i decorate the table? what kind of favours do i buy? has anyone done a welcome pack for their guest?

I booked with Thomson.. it does not include a drinks reception, would you recommend one? What do you do after dinner? is their somewhere to dance?

How about hair, make-up? Are they any good at the hotel? what about the photographer?

If anyone can help me, that would be great as im stressing a bit :-)

Thanks,

Stephanie

1 replies

Latest activity by Barefoot, 29 of October of 2012 at 20:03
  • Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

I didn't get married there, I got married on Zanzibar, but a few points to consider:

1. Decoration for the ceremony: whatever it is, it will look pretty. Does it really matter what chairs they have? Surely the whole point of a destination wedding is to take away the stress of fretting about these little irrelevancies.

2. Dinner location: similar - they will know it's a wedding, and will treat you accordingly. Again, do you really need favours??

3. Drinks reception: yes, I'd probably arrange this, even if it's just someone serving glasses of bubbly for you after the ceremony. However, we didn't organise this in advance, but the wedding planner on the day let us add a few extras on the morning, so whereas we'd only booked a glass of bubbly each, we actually ended up with free flowing bubbly as long as we needed it!

4. Hair and make-up - easiest to go with what the package includes. Choice = stress. As long as you start early enough, if you don't like how it's looking, they can redo it. (I started mine at 2pm for a 5pm ceremony)

5. Photos. Here I'd look around a bit. We were given the choice of 3 photographers on Zanzibar, or the option of flying ones in from Tanzania or South Africa. I didn't like any of the styles/packages of the local photographers, I loved the SA guy but he would have been about £4k inc flights and accom, so we flew a lady over from Tanzania and no regrets. See if Thomson or the hotel can give you some options, otherwise google wedding photographers local to your venue and see if they can do what you want. Most things don't matter. The lasting things like vows, rings, photos do.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics