Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mal
Expert January 2018

I haaaaaate my new sofa

Mal, 8 of May of 2009 at 07:22 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 19

I just don't like it. It looks too big and out of place, and it isn't comfy. It is very padded, how long before it flattens out a bit and becomes as comfy as the one in the shop?

?

19 replies

Latest activity by saz71, 8 of May of 2009 at 22:38
  • Mal
    Expert January 2018
    Mal ·
    • Hide content

Oh, and Mr Mal doesn't know yet (he isn't home until the 20th) so no FB comments please...

• feathers
    Beginner January 2007
    feathers ·
    • Hide content

? sorry but that made me giggle. You will have to bounce up and down on all the cushions alot. I hate my settee too, you can tell the parts which are sat on regularly and the bits which aren't.

Could you have a sofa-warming party and play musical chairs on it? Hope it gets comfy soon for you

• Mal
    Expert January 2018
    Mal ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking of renting some people to sit on it ?

• Hello Sunshine
    Beginner
    Hello Sunshine ·
    • Hide content

I hate our new sofa too Smiley sad

It was lots of money and has worn REALLY badly - we've only had it what, four months?, and the fabric is in a bit of a poor state already.

Can you jump up and down on it a bit?!

• Mal
    Expert January 2018
    Mal ·
    • Hide content

I might just give the boy some Irn bru and a loads of sweets and he can jump up and down for me ?

I would complain if I were you. I am kind of hoping this one falls apart so they can take it away. Gahhhhhhhhhh.

• ebee
    Beginner January 2008
    ebee ·
    • Hide content

I'll come round and we can all bounce on it together? ? I bet it is comfy really, you're probably just used to your old one ?

• Mal
    Expert January 2018
    Mal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Deal! I will invite all the Glasgow babies and feed them E numbers and the couch will be flat in no time ?

• P
    Beginner
    peanut ·
    • Hide content

It could be worse, you could have spent a *** load of money on it, and now be paying 90.00 for every 3 months its in storage as we can't get back to the mainland to use the damn thing and also did I mention that I have totally gone off the sofa and its design. Totally not toddler and baby friendly at all.

• Missus Jolly
    Beginner October 2004
    Missus Jolly ·
    • Hide content

Would the crap sofa kleek kindly tell me where their crap sofas came from. We still haven't bought one, we nearly did but then had massive problems with Ikea (won't be going there again). You would be doing me a big favour if you'd name and shame ?

• Gone With The Whinge
    Beginner July 2011
    Gone With The Whinge ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Meeee! I hate my DFS sofa! It's creaky and unsturdy after just a year. You can't sit on it in dark clothes ? because the fabric sucks off every little loose fibre. Oh, and stainproof my big arse (which would happily flatten yours by the way, Mal!).

I used to love it, too ?

• P
    Beginner
    peanut ·
    • Hide content

Waaaah DFS.. stands for Dire Fecking S*hite doesn't it?

My sister gave Ikea sofa's too many chances, but she said they were disposable ones as the children were young and she went through 3 in about 3 years, the arse kept falling out of them.

my storage one is from reid furniture, sofa's very nice but its fabric and we should have gone for leather.. our current fabric sofa smells of farts and baby sick when you sit down, there must be a puff of contaminated air rises as you sit on the collapsed base cushions. We bought caravan cushion foam and replaced the main cushions with that, so its sturdy under the bum but it doesn't help when the base has gone on it. It was a reid furniture one too but its about 7 years old now.

• Mal
    Expert January 2018
    Mal ·
    • Hide content

DFS. There's nothing wrong with it, just a bad decision by me.

• Hello Sunshine
    Beginner
    Hello Sunshine ·
    • Hide content

Ours is from Sofa Workshop who have sadly since gone bust ?

In fairness, the sofa is pretty good and it is really comfy, I just think we made a really poor choice on the fabric.

• jelly baby
    jelly baby ·
    • Hide content

I'm not too keen on ours either. It's too hard. It's in our sitting room which I barely use however H does and the one he sits on the cushions have got a lot better - had it about 6 months but not used very often.

I really miss our 10 year old DFS sofa which, despite being a bit dated looking, was the most comfortable sofa I have ever sat on.

• Lili Donkey
    Beginner July 2006
    Lili Donkey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh Mal, I really feel your pain - I remember when ours was delivered, the delivery men plonked it in the middle of the room and left, I sobbed and sobbed down the phone to H and then to DFS asking them to take it away...

It just looked like a monster - huge, honestly, it looked as big as the living room ?

Fast forward a couple of years and I LOVE it, it just took a little getting used to - in fact I love it so much despite us wanting to replace we just can't find anything we like as much.

Actually, thinking back to the day it was delivered I realise what an absolute loon I was at time - the poor man at DFS ?

• Doughnut
    Beginner June 2008
    Doughnut ·
    • Hide content

It may get more comfortable once the babies full of E numbers have bounced on it?

We have a brown leather Ektorp one from Ikea and it's lovely 4 years on. Although it has to be said I hardly ever sit on it and a child has never been near it ? H lives on it though of an evening and he likes it.

• Smiley
    Beginner
    Smiley ·
    • Hide content

I can offer Es services. Her favourite pasttime at the moment is jumping on sofas!

I am sure you will love it when you get used to it. I hated my new sofa when it was delivered, love it now, although it hasnt lasted very long as the leather has gone weird and one cushion has flattened (where I used to feed E). Typically land of leather have gone out of business, and so I dont think the insurance we took out will be worth anything now.

• saz71
    Rockstar December 2008
    saz71 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We have the same one and it's still as comfy 5 years on, is the main sofa so sat on every day, and has been subjected to dogs, cat and baby/toddler! For a cheap leather sofa that I thought would last a couple of years or so, it's still in great condition.

• Doughnut
    Beginner June 2008
    Doughnut ·
    • Hide content

We're moving Saz and will take ours with us; I've been looking on their website to get another as we'll have a proper sized living room now. I want one in cream too but don't think they do it.

My Mum has bought them too and we have them in our rental house too - the ones with the cotton changeable covers.

• saz71
    Rockstar December 2008
    saz71 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They are such good value - and since having our son I realise how practical leather is for keeping clean. It's been covered in yogurt and all sorts and still looks good!

We liked ours so much that we bought a second hand 2 seater leather one on e*bay for the conservatory!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics