Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2007

I hate carphone warehouse! - I take it all back, just had a result! (update in first post)

LittlePeanut, 18 of August of 2009 at 15:09 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 13

That is all.

Update: I had a response to my Twitter (that said, unsurprisingly, 'I hate Carphone Warehouse! They confuse intermal processes with customer services. Am very angry')

It appears they have a couple of customer services people who monitor Twitter for complaints ?. She got in touch, took my the complaint no, checked it out, and is authorising a credit note for us to purchase a new handset. Hoooray!

Well, perhaps I should save my 'hooray' until we've actually been to the shop and got the new phone, but it's a step in the right direction.

13 replies

Latest activity by SophieM, 18 of August of 2009 at 22:39
  • WelshTotty
    Beginner December 2014
    WelshTotty ·
    • Hide content

Doesn't sound good, however I need details so i can either rant with you, sympathise or tell you youre overreacting!?

• L
    Beginner May 2007
    LittlePeanut ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? I am undoubtedly overreacting BUT

M got a new phone at Christmas. It developed a fault after a while (sound was all distorted) so it went back for repair. The same fault developed again, so it went back for repair again. And again. We questioned why it kept getting the same fault and were told that if it developed again they would replace the handset for us.

The same fault developed again, so we took it back and the shop said the policy had changed now and there was no replacement. We raised our concern (nicely), particularly the fact the M needs this phone for his business. They said that they would swap the phone for one that they had out back, that had been ordered a replacement for another customer but who had never picked it up.

The same fault has developed again! Each time it develops it costs M money because a) he can't phone customers back so misses the odd job or two b) he can't take calls during the day so has to work longer each day to return calls from the landline and c) he has to make a trip to the store to get it sorted out, which is time lost from work and / or weekend.

There was a different chap in the store and he agreed that we would be better with a different model. He tried to put it through the system but it wouldn't accept it. He phoned customer care who said that as it shows on the system as having only been repaired twice we could not have a new model. He advised us to complain, which we have.

Yesterday they confirmed that it had only been repaired twice (according to the system). I queried this and just got a very patronising email to state this in very simple terms all over again AND to say that given that we accepted an exchange there will be no further exchange of any kind allowed on the phone.

So much for customer service!! Gah.

• WelshTotty
    Beginner December 2014
    WelshTotty ·
    • Hide content

Ok I reckon thats deffo worth ranting about, what crap customer service. Just goes to show how pants new phones are too (Ive had mine die on me after 9 months with 9 months of my contract to go and O2 wont do anything about it, but thats another story) Its not like these things are cheap either and line rental isnt a drop in the ocean.

Grrrrr for you.?

• L
    Beginner May 2007
    LittlePeanut ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you know, I've wondered where one would stand if that happened. I've got an iphone on an 18 month contract and wondered if you'd get left in the lurch.

Could you 'lose' it (is it insured) ?

Gah, I know CWH has to have processes but surely it's better to ensure that customers have got a phone that works than hiding behind a computer system and saying 'we can't do anything about it, guv?'

• WelshTotty
    Beginner December 2014
    WelshTotty ·
    • Hide content

Not insured no. In 12 years of having mobiles Ive never needed to insure one. They say its water damaged and the litmus paper tells that it is however its not been near water or liquid or moisture. Basically theyve said tough half way through my contract. Im currently using Mr WTs old phone with my SIM until the contract runs out. Ive been a customer with them for 10 years, seems it means bugger all and its easy to write off a £300 phone just like that.

Im wary now and dont know what I'll do when its upgrade time in 6 months time.

• L
    Beginner May 2007
    LittlePeanut ·
    • Hide content

I've heard about this issue with water damage... seems it's really easy to water damage a phone, even when it's not been near water.

It's a bugger, isn't it?

• SophieM
    SophieM ·
    • Hide content

Oh, I hhhhhhhate Carphone Whorehouse.

Especially the "We have got to get it together" tune they play when you phone them - yes, you fucking well do, you incompetent shower of cunts.

Thank god I now have a work phone and our office manager deals with all that nonsense.

• CelticAngel
    Beginner May 2007
    CelticAngel ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm.

Maybe now is not the right time for me to mention where i've just been offered a job.? lol

• Kimmy
    Beginner January 2010
    Kimmy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Dave, have you thought about maybe getting your phone repaired? The charging unit on my phone broke and my phone wouldn't charge so I sent it to these guys www.mobilephonedoctor.co.uk who fixed it for £30 including postage. Might be worth a go, they can fix liquid damaged phones. I sent my phone off and had it back within 3 days too.

• WelshTotty
    Beginner December 2014
    WelshTotty ·
    • Hide content

Ooh thanks Kimmy, I shall check that site out. I did get in touch with a company in London that charged £55 to fix it (if they could) so I shall have a look and investigate, thanks!

• WelshTotty
    Beginner December 2014
    WelshTotty ·
    • Hide content

RESULT LP! woo hoo! so it was worth Tweeting then!

Ive just emailed the company Kimmy recommended to see if they can try and fix mine.

• Iris
    Beginner
    Iris ·
    • Hide content

I hate them too, perhaps I should Twitter and see if I get a result. They screwed me over last year and I foolishly signed up with them again. I was very careful to get them to confirm that my tariff would include email and internet (unlimited, subject to fairuse etc). They confirmed it. What they didn't tell me was that although I got my new phone 2 weeks ago, the free internet part of the tariff wouldn't start until 1st September. So I have so far incurred a daily charge of 96p for each day (13!) that I have accessed the internet. I have the rage. IN fact I have the rage and no internet/email on my phone for another fortnight.

• L
    loopyloo ·
    • Hide content

Well I have to praise Carphone Warehouse despite hating them for previous issues.

Ive had major issues with a wrongly blacklisted phone, and if it wasnt for the extremely helpful manager at my local Carphone Warehouse store, id be still hitting my head off a brick wall with T Mobile.

• SophieM
    SophieM ·
    • Hide content

Wow - good for them, and good for the mysterious power of t'intertubes. ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics