Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2013

I hate my wedding dress

marie84, 8 of August of 2013 at 06:47 Posted on Planning 0 7

Im getting married in 3 weeks and I had my dress fitting last week but my beautiful dress I've loved for over a year is now really low cut and so tight it leaves red marks across my back. The shop told me it's because it's so fitted but I really don't like it anymore and there's nothing I can do. I wanted to be completely covered up on my day and look elegant and classy whereas now I look like I have an old fashioned slappers dress on. Everyone keeps telling me I'm being daft and how the dress was made for me but I hate the thought of ever wearing it again?

7 replies

Latest activity by Helybel, 8 of August of 2013 at 10:30
  • *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Why don't you post a picture on here?

In the past other hitchers have had the same concerns you have and they've either re-assured the bride or come up with brilliant suggestions.

I'm sure it does look lovely as no one will think of it te way you do on the day :-)

• N
    Beginner September 2013
    NC53 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear you're feeling so bad about your dress... I have a horrible feeling I will be the same about mine when I have my final fitting in a couple of weeks. Would it be possible to wear a lace overlay somehow so that you feel more covered up?

Im sure the dress does look lovely on you - and remember there's a reason you bought that one in the first place!! But I can sympathise with not FEELING that way about it and understand that there's not much anyone can say to make it better Smiley sad

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS^^^

• M
    Beginner August 2013
    marie84 ·
    • Hide content

How do I post a picture on here? X

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Click on the little film strip icon and upload a pic from your computer ;-)

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content

I am sure it looks beautiful! I haven't had it as of yet but the amount of posts I see on here about not liking the dress/ dress worries is unreal!

Post a pic up! You may just need some reassurance and some fellow hitchers have some amazing ideas!!

xxx

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

If you post a picture we can give you some honest feedback, if you want it?

• H
    Beginner May 2014
    Helybel ·
    • Hide content

Definitely post a pic! I've just done that over concerns with mine and feel so much happier for everyone's feedback. Thing is as well is you know it's honest as we're not your mum, your sister, your best mate etc

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics