Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Pittabre

I hate tights

Pittabre, 26 of October of 2014 at 13:27 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 16

I read the leggings thread, as I wear leggings under dresses and skirts as opposed to tights as I HATE tights. But round here it is treated as inappropriate to wear leggings under dresses. So I was extremely grateful to read that others too hate tights. So who's with me? Down with tights!!!

16 replies

Latest activity by bliss_balloons , 27 of October of 2014 at 14:17
  • amihohu
    Beginner September 2013
    amihohu ·
    • Hide content

Ergh yeah, I can't stand them! Just find them so uncomfy.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I hate them...but I still wear them almost every day, except in the height of summer. I just see them as a necessary evil.

• Superhanka
    Beginner December 2014
    Superhanka ·
    • Hide content

Am I the only person who likes tights?! I love wearing them in winter with a little skirt or dress & boots.

I wear M&S 40 denier to work and don't even notice I'm wearing them.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

Ugh I hate them too. I have I wear tights for work with my skirt as uniform and it is hideously uncomfortable.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

I have 1 pair of tights that I've ever found comfortable and that's it. But I'm a trousers girl tbh. I have thunder-thighs that I don't like to have on show too much!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I wear M&S ones too, but they're sooo expensive. I wore Primark ones for years and then they suddenly changed them and they didn't fit me anymore (I'm pretty sure my legs didn't get longer). But i like my legs and like wearing short(ish) dresses, I don't own any trousers at all. So tights it is. I currently only own four pairs and have to do a wash mid week or I have none left by Friday, which is fairly pathetic.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nope- I love them, they are a staple of my winter work wardrobe

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

Waves at Pittabre.

I hate leggings as well. They all fall down on me and I spend my life hoiking them back up. I also find the only ones that fit me are large, as in can get up past my knees and all the way up to my crotchy region. I don't get it. I'm 5.2 and pre sprog I was size 10-12, and more a size 10.

I realise I may need to pull them because they are too big but otherwise I can't get them past my thighs!

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

I hate them! Evil things.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I hate the bloody seam you get at the front which is visible through skirt or dress fabric. Errrrghhh.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I always did hate tights until I started spending more and getting them from Next. Now, I wouldn't say I love tights but I find them quite tolerable.

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

Oh I I wear both leggings & tights under dresses. Tights if I'm wearing shoes & leggings with boots. It does annoy me when the tights get all twisted.x

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

I'm a stockings gal.....hold ups preferably as I can rarely get the length of the suspender clips to accommodate my short thighs. Sheer ones in the summer, thick black schoolgirl ones in the winter. H2B loves them.....can't think why ?

I couldn't go bare legged, though - I have corned beef legs and scars from knee surgery etc that I am very self conscious about.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have quite a lot of scars on my left thigh and knee that I used to be self conscious about, but as I've got older I've just thought 'f*** it' and now I go bare legged all the time in hot weather and at clubs. I think having the tattoos on my legs helped though.

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

I am getting better.....I did wear shorts a couple of times this summer. IN PUBLIC! No tights/leggings/stockings for me that day!

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

I very rarely wear tights and I've never owned a pair of leggings. It's bare legs or trousers for me usually but the last couple of years I have started wearing dresses in winter with thick tights and boots.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics