Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

I have found my wedding dress...is it too early?

9 of August of 2013 at 18:04 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hello lovely people,

So we are not getting married until 2015, we have the venue, florist and photographer booked so I decided to start trying on dresses to excite me.

I have been to 4 bridal boutiques and today I fell in love with a dress, I've tried on lots before and after to be certain but it's definitely the one I feel confident, comfortable and beautiful in.

It's a maggie sottero lace dress but 2013 collection, what I'm worried about is;

1- if I don't get it and it becomes discontinued what happens if I don't get the same feeling?!

2- what if I change my mind?

Although I have been dead set on lace since day one and this style (I've tried every style on, straps, strapless, sleeves, all the fits)

How soon did you all buy yours?

thank you

x

14 replies

Latest activity by Platinum17514, 12 of August of 2013 at 17:14
  • woowoo83
    Beginner October 2013
    woowoo83 ·
    • Hide content

Hmm tough one, I know if it was me, there'd me no way I couldn't look at other dresses between now and then, I got mine in january and get married in October and even that time has been a struggle to not keep looking!

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

When you know, you know. Trust your heart on this one. I'm not getting married until July 2014 but I bought mine last month. Since buying it I haven't looked at all (not even online) and I wouldn't want to! I fell in love with my dress and now can't wait to wear it. When it's the one it's the one!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I bought my dress about a yr and 4months before my wedding and sometimes I think I bought it too soon.

I've had major wobbles since although now I've tried it on again a couple of weekends ago I feel happy again.

If you know 100% it's the one and you won't look at other dresses in magazines then go for it.

When are you getting married in 2015?

• L
    Beginner March 2014
    littlejevans ·
    • Hide content

I'd go with the others - when you know, you know. I ordered mine almost a year out from the wedding because I couldn't bear the thought of it being discontinued and missing out and then spending my wedding day wearing something that I didn't love as much and feeling a bit duff about it. When all else fails, I always do the old coin-flip trick; assign one side to "buy it" and one side to "don't", flip the coin and see what your gut reaction is - and then go with it!

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

We're 10 months to go & I've still not tried a dress on, super jealous of how organised you are haha Smiley laugh
    Would say go for it, sounds like you love it and as the others say when you know, you know Smiley smile

• becca030713
    Beginner June 2014
    becca030713 ·
    • Hide content

I say get the dress! I bought mine a week after getting engaged, my mum and I went to browse in a bridal shop as we had some spare time.. I was talked in to trying some on and "the one" was the 5th dress I tried on in that shop.

If you're worried about missing out on it then I'd say it's the right one! (that's how I felt, quite panicky infact)

Don't go looking at more dresses after buying yours though, it will just mess with your head.

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

It's a tough one especially as you've got two years. I'd be tempted to hold out. There may be lots of dresses between now and then that come on the scene that are much better than this one - new styles etc next year and even if nothing matches up, you might be able to find a pre-loved version of the dress you're after (just note the name and make and an idea of what size you'll need).

I know lots of people get their dresses early, including me (I ordered mine 15 months before the big day) but like Pugsley I've had dress wobbles since and although I still love it I have had worries about it and probably have more to come.

Weirdly, mine is also a Maggie lace dress! and I bought it because I was worried about it being discontinued, but I think if it had been two years away I probably would have held out because of all the lovely new dresses that will come out that I might be missing out on!

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Let us know what you decide and feel free to do some flashes Smiley laugh

• TheMrsMeFo
    Beginner April 2015
    TheMrsMeFo ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married 11 April 2015, and am going to try dresses on for the first time today!!!

I am in love with a Maggie Sottero lace dress too, well there are a few I love and will be able to try some of them on today!

If I fall utterly in love with one, I'd get it. Like you I'm scared I wont be able to get my hands on one if I wait until next year. Plus it means if new style dresses are out next year then I'll be different from all the other brides getting married in 2015 - I dont want to wear the same style of dress as everyone else!

X

• MrsBoo
    Beginner November 2014
    MrsBoo ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

We aren't getting married until Nov 2014 but I went to look at dresses last weekend. I told the lady that I thought I was looking too soon...she then went to introduce me to another bride who was trying on...her wedding isn't until 2016!

So now i feel like I've left it too late. I say if you've found the one then go for it...you don't want to miss out if it does get discontinued.

Mines a Maggie Sottero 2013 too and I'm hoping to pay my deposit by the end of the month.

I say go for it!

xxx

• Siobhan200286
    Beginner August 2015
    Siobhan200286 ·
    • Hide content

I think if it feels like 'the one', you don't care about it being 'in season' the year you get married, you don't feel it will 'date', and you are comfortable with it, then go for it. I don't think it is 'too early' if you really feel that is the one you want. I'm also getting married 2015, currently waiting for confirmation of the venue for our chosen date but my plan is to start looking for a dress pretty soon. I feel like everything else has to fit around my dress, so want to get that sorted so I can focus on the other bits and pieces of fun planning. ?

• Platinum17514
    Beginner May 2014
    Platinum17514 ·
    • Hide content

Have you been to other shops or just the one?! If you can stop yourself from getting wobbles and looking at others online I'd say buy it! If you're willing to risk letting it go then its not the dress for you and you will find another Smiley smile xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics