Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner March 2014

I have ordered my wedding dress from China ....

LYONS2BE, 17 of February of 2014 at 19:09 Posted on Planning 0 11

And now I am nervous as hell reading all the posts, on here.

The feedback is great for the buyer, but still nervous.

11 replies

Latest activity by bliss_balloons , 18 of February of 2014 at 12:20
  • miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

Some people have a good experience so fingers crossed ;-)

Are you going to give us a flash of the one you have ordered?

• L
    Beginner March 2014
    LYONS2BE ·
    • Hide content

This is my dress

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

It looks beautiful, I love the low back ❤️

• bamboo
    Beginner September 2014
    bamboo ·
    • Hide content

That's a beautiful dress and I love the back!

I hope that when it does arrive, that you're happy with the results. How much did you spend? If it's a fraction of the cost, then you won't have lost out too much if you're not happy with the quality.

• L
    Beginner March 2014
    LYONS2BE ·
    • Hide content

I spent £80, and it is due to be with my by March 1st, only problem is I am getting married on the 15th March, only booked it a week ago AARRGGGHHHH

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful dress. My friend bought her bridesmaid dresses over internet from Thailand and they turned out really lovely. Only issue my friend had was that was the language barrier.

• Nicky Hewitt Designs
    Beginner May 2012
    Nicky Hewitt Designs ·
    • Hide content

That's a lovely style, fingers crossed it turns out nicely for you! Do you have someone who can do alterations for you if necessary? If not it would be worth researching now as even when ordered to specific measurements, most people I know who've ordered from China do need alterations done (just as when ordering through shops).

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

That's a really pretty dress - fingers crossed that you get a perfect dress in good time for the big day!

• ToBeMrsHouse
    Beginner August 2014
    ToBeMrsHouse ·
    • Hide content

This is my dress bought from a seller in China on eBay.

I hunted for a couple of months and could not find the perfect dress on the high street, and begrudged paying lots of money for a designer dress.

I had tried on a similar one in Oriental Pearl which was nice, but £700, and I wanted to spend a maximum of £500. Besides, the stitching was poor quality and itchy.

My mum decided to order a dress online for £180 made-to-measure. It arrived, and the lace was lovely, but the size was all wrong, so she managed to get her money back since they wanted to keep their good rating.

I would have given up on the internet, but my mum ordered two more dresses:

1) the one in the picture - exactly what I wanted and fits perfectly off the hanger! It was more white than ivory, but it is by far the closest-to-perfect dress I've tried on.

2) was ordered because she'd got a bit carried away. It wasn't as nice, but she's managed to sell it for a profit. So all in all, she spent under £400, most of which she's got back, and I've ended up with a better dress than I could find elsewhere!

Advice: look at their ratings. If you're spending less than you would have paid, perhaps buy from a number of sellers, then sell on the ones you don't want.

EDIT: the picture has squashed - I'm not really that short and wide!

• Married With Love
    Beginner June 2014
    Married With Love ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think this has put it perfectly^

Think about starting to look now for someone that can do alterations. It should ease your mind about the dress knowing there is someone ready to make any changes you require.

The deals from China are amazing, its often cheaper to get a dress made than to even buy the material yourself, just be prepared to make changes. Also what date did you give the dress maker? I know they can arrive late...

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

This is my dress from China, but from ASOS marketplace not ebay. It did need some alterations because I didn't want any of the boning in it, but if you can find a seamstress now and say your time frames there is no reason she can't do it. My seamstress said she has had people turn up with £1000's worth of wedding dress a week before saying they need it altered and she has been able to do it.

The dress is beautiful, I can't wait to see a flash when it arrives.

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's lovely but I would have a back up plan in mind incase it doesn't arrive how you would expect. There's some cheaper options on the high street.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics